• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Two Questions...

Thank you, Slumberfreeze! But, a few minutes ago, I decided to go walk around Target and then go for a drive. So, I'm going to go window shop and take a drive in the rain.

I may take you up on the chat another time!!

I know I am late to posting but I wanted to give a few thoughts of encouragement. I wanted to echo Veritas' last post. It really is encouraging to hear that a first wife, or any wife, can grab hold of wisdom and decide to walk in it. Hard yes, but doable, for sure! Hard forever? No. Just as we tend to stretch ourselves in other new seasons or new emotional changes, renewing our mind with truth always gives us peace in the end. I remember when my SW and I thought we would never get out of the diaper stage, with three kids in diapers at the same time. It seems to go on forever and then one day you think, wow, past that. Awesome! And think of all the patience I have learned. :)

You are certainly right that it can't be a competition or a scale in our minds weighing the amount of attention you each receive from hubby that day or week. Those things do not serve you in any positive way. It only feeds the sinful flesh. Will there be times when you are giving more than others, absolutely. We are all human and we all have bad days. (Thanking the Lord, that he has grace for all my bad days.) Yet, I have seen that that gets less and less as each family member gets better at not making it about themselves.

I hope your window shopping and drive went well. Will be praying that you find more and more things that will feed your spirit and soul while spending time alone. I highly recommend a journal and talking with the Lord for some of that.

With hope for the future....

Thank you both. I'm still chuggin' along. I slip up every once in awhile, but I'm doing my best. Which, is better than I was doing a couple of weeks ago. So...Yay!

As for the drives, husband says I'm not doing those anymore. He says that if he and his gf want to spend time together, they'll go find something to do so I'm not off alone. Which, they're actually doing right now. :)

Back