• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Look what I found

Nikud

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
This is what I posted.

The author uses suggest alot. I did not see any scriptural evidence to validate the Opinion of the author. On another note the terminology one flesh in both scripture and cultural context means to make a new family or kinship unit see Genesis 2:24 and Genesis 37:27 in the case of why Joseph's brothers did not kill him being of one flesh. Many translations deviate from the original Hebrew so please translate and read for yourself. No where is it stated that Jesus said polygamy was a sin. No where in the OT or NT does God condem polygamy. If you have scripture that supports you claim please show it to us all. I would appreciate being shown something in scripture I have over looked.

It's a very speculative article that selectively cites scripture to reach a predetermined view, and ignores clear historical sources that disagree. Josephus clearly states that he married his Ethiopian wife before he married Zipporah. The author's theory that he married her after Zipporah died is just something he made up to fit his presuppositions.

I was still looking for what you just posted to correct the assumptions of the author had about Moses Marriages thank you I'm going to repost.

I know this is an old article but it was the first thing that popped up when I typed in did Moses have two wives. I felt the need to post so anyone else who reads it can see the author had flaws in the Article and not take it as fact.

It's a very speculative article that selectively cites scripture to reach a predetermined view, and ignores clear historical sources that disagree. Josephus clearly states that he married his Ethiopian wife before he married Zipporah. The author's theory that he married her after Zipporah died is just something he made up to fit his presuppositions.
Exactly! I do not like when people assume, speculate, add to, take away, or extrapolate. This article does this. It’s almost laughable how he attempts to make the scripture meet his narrative. If we don’t like it when liberals try to force a narrative, then we shouldn’t either. Good to see an opposing view article though.

Well, this incident happened right before the incident at Kadesh Barnea, which was roughly one year after the Exodus. Jethro brought Zipporah back to Moses in Exodus 18, so while a lot is written between those two passages, the occurrences were less than a year apart, and no mention of Zipporah's death at all, whereas we have mention of other deaths, such as the death of Nadab and Abihu. The author is merely adding to Scripture, and the burden of proof rests on him to prove the unprovable, that Zipporah had actually died before this incident occurred.

I read the article. Falsehood masquerading as truth.... that kind of eisegesis drives me crazy. Seriously. That is how we got into the mess we are in in the first place!

Back