• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Fall 2017 Retreat, November 17-19, Central Texas

ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif
More fuuuuunny!

We're down to it. Today and tomorrow and then we lose the group rate. (Please don't make me ask the hotel for favors because you waited until the last minute unless you really have a practical reason to wait until the last minute. If you do really have a practical reason to wait until the last minute and your time opens up and it looks like you are able to attend, please let me know, and I'll see what I can do.)

Please book today or tomorrow (if you haven't already) if you're planning to attend and know that now. A good crew is onboard already; come join us if you can!

Okay, for all that, talked with the hotel today, and they'll still honor the group rate through this week. If anybody hasn't made a reservation yet, please go ahead and take care of that.

Any questions about agenda, please PM.

Hey, I know you guys usually try to be unplugged at the retreats but I had an idea.
What if you had a dedicated "B.F. Skype computer" where those of us who can not attend could call in and get some face time virtually with various attendees?

Great idea, and I have no idea who would facilitate it. I usually have my hands full and get just a few hours of sleep a night at retreats. Somebody else would have to make that happen.

On the flip side, we can skype anytime, and the time we have in meatspace at retreats is limited to the point of being precious. It might make more sense to just skype more between retreats.

Just thinking out loud. More as we go....

God willing, we'll be there! With the kids! We asked them yesterday if they wanted to come with and all four were pretty stoked.
My kids were going to stay at my mom's for the weekend till they found out yours were going to be there now they want to go with us.

Our kids range from 10 to 17. 3 girls, 1 boy. This will be our 2nd retreat this year and the first for the kids.

I'm not sure what all activities have been planned for them if any. If I remember correctly, the summer retreat is the one that's geared more toward families rather than couples w/ older children due to its location and facilities.
Andrew would know more about the advisability of bringing younger kids. Not trying to discourage anyone as I'm not read in on that aspect of the retreat, but it may be advisable to check with Andrew or Ginny.

VVV76, is correct about the kid activities for hotel retreats. We sometimes can work it out that the meeting space can be separated for the kids but usually they are corralled in one of the guest rooms to talk, play games or watch a movie. We have a lot of teenagers now so they are able to swim or hang in the lobby area without supervision. They are also a big help in watching the younger kids for us, along with some parent check-ins.

@Kevin you are certainly welcome to bring the kids just keep all that I just said in mind. Also, it is very helpful to bring toys and games your kids like to play with.

What Julie said + the 'recommended donation' if you're bringing younger kids is that either you or Jessica volunteer for a shift with the littles during one of the sessions. Community-sponsored child care....

Weather forecast:

Friday: Partially Cloudy, High of 80, Low of 66
Saturday: Partially Cloudy, High of 73, Low of 44
Sunday: Sunny, High of 64, Low of 42

The small hotel swimming pool is not heated but "temperature controlled". I do not know what that means.

A little birdie dun tole me that it’s bein dadgum awesome.

Don't have much time now to post but thought I'd just say that it was one of the most enjoyable, relaxing weekends I've had in a long time. I always enjoy getting to worship and spend time with my BF family but this one was exceptionally good.

I remarked to my fam on the ride home that it felt just like when we say goodbye to my brothers and their families :)

The kids absolutely loved it and have already been asking about going to the next one.

Back