• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Another reason God allowed polygyny...

PeteR

Staff member
Real Person
Male
I am currently reading Hondo Solomon's The Polygamist Papers. While he is likely a religious person following the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, his perspective in this book is decidedly academic. A good way to understand that is another title he has, Polygamy as Economic Warfare.

As I read this morning, he made the case from multiple cultures that 'monogamy only' destabilizes families precisely because of the ever present unequal ratio between male and female, and he also alluded to the elites throughout history and across multiple cultures practicing forms of polygamy for familial power and wealth consolidation, even while the same families enforced monogamy only on their subjects.

Then it dawned on me: God didn't just 'allow' polygyny, but approved through regulation because its presence in Israel prevented business and economic consolidation into the hands of the few! Rather, the patriarchs in each family could build and strengthen the family as a building block of society. Certainly, rulership was in the hands of Divinely appointed men, be they kings or judges, but wealth and power were to be diluted through the tribes and family heads to prevent consolidation into an elite.

That is part of how Israel was to not have any poor and was to be a nation, in the physical, of priests and kings!

#brainexplodes #powertothepeople #buildahouse

So, here is a hypothetical practical application:

Family A: Husband, wife, three children.

Family A in a non-ptriarchal model, as most Western economies.... father and mother own a home, educate children, children get jobs, move out, buy homes, etc.... family economics are severely diluted between four homes and likely unrelated job or business ties.

Family A in a strongly patriarchal model: Family owns one large home, children guided, based on gifts and abilities into complimetary businesses or careers while keeping family consolidated under centralized patriarchal leadership growing into multiple colocated dwellings. Goal to retain and coordinate assets and resources for the benefit of the family. Resources grow more rapidly and intentionally.

Now, alter Family A into husband, two or three wives sharing and submitting to his leadership and vision, and 15 children being guided toward a unified family vision, then suddenly, in two generations you have REAL resources, power and influence. .

This is how the elites operate! And, how the Father expected Israel to maintain and grow influence, wealth and authority.

I've been intrigued with Hondo Solomon for some time now. I've yet to begin to read The Polygamist Papers, but I have watched all of his YouTube videos.

What you've gathered from reading his book is similar to what I've picked up in his videos. Another thing he points out is that conquering nations would make polygyny unlawful so that their dominion might be more firmly and swiftly established.

Polygynous people's could also insidiously invade and conquer another nation by immigrating & out-populating the more monogamous citizens. This seems to be the Muslim MO, and I believe this should be ours. This method of reformation could be especially effective in the US since they are so good at killing their babies and training their women to wait until they are infertile to start a family. The only thing we in the US need to get right to avoid their most dangerous tool to combat this, indoctrination, is to get out of their system and protect our families from becoming proselytized by any means possible.

You made it seem like Hondo's second book, Polygamy as Economic Warfare, is available. If it is, I've had trouble finding it. Would you happen to have a link?

I've been intrigued with Hondo Solomon for some time now. I've yet to begin to read The Polygamist Papers, but I have watched all of his YouTube videos.

What you've gathered from reading his book is similar to what I've picked up in his videos. Another thing he points out is that conquering nations would make polygyny unlawful so that their dominion might be more firmly and swiftly established.

Polygynous people's could also insidiously invade and conquer another nation by immigrating & out-populating the more monogamous citizens. This seems to be the Muslim MO, and I believe this should be ours. This method of reformation could be especially effective in the US since they are so good at killing their babies and training their women to wait until they are infertile to start a family. The only thing we in the US need to get right to avoid their most dangerous tool to combat this, indoctrination, is to get out of their system and protect our families from becoming proselytized by any means possible.

You made it seem like Hondo's second book, Polygamy as Economic Warfare, is available. If it is, I've had trouble finding it. Would you happen to have a link?
I assumed from a line in the book that Polygamy as Economic Warfare will soon be available. Maybe, maybe not, but the mere title in the context of his opening chapter made my head explode and opened the line of thinking re:Biblical Israel and her prophesied restoration.

I found two videos called “Polygamy as Economic Warfare”. Were you talking about videos?

Those are 2 videos Hondo made that outlines what his second book is supposed to be about. Probably his most informative videos, but there are a lot of gems throughout his others.

Thanks @PeteR for the clarification. The title alone can be quite provocative. There is a lot we don't know, and more we don't know we don't know. I'm glad we all can exchange thoughts and ideas to keep us sharp.

My head continues to explode.... family --> community is as simple as two or three patriarchal families working together with intent, the patriarchs functioning as an elder council. Community, in a tribal context, equals Clan. Several Clans together in a region can strongly influence local and state government. Building block and foundational loyalties are to family, then Clan, not to party or partisan (divisive) topic...

Building block and foundational loyalties are to family
Of the 12 Patriarchs, Joseph ranks #1, but Issachar is a very close second. He had many wives and and ton of descendants. He worked hard, played hard and fought harder. He was not in the lineage of the priests or the kings, but if the king wanted to go to war, they first had to go thru Issachar. His clan was the largest, the most powerful and the king needed Issachar’s family on board to win. Great example of what @PeteR is talking about.

I found two videos called “Polygamy as Economic Warfare”. Were you talking about videos?
Can you post those in this thread? I want to watch later.

Of the 12 Patriarchs, Joseph ranks #1, but Issachar is a very close second. He had many wives and and ton of descendants. He worked hard, played hard and fought harder. He was not in the lineage of the priests or the kings, but if the king wanted to go to war, they first had to go thru Issachar. His clan was the largest, the most powerful and the king needed Issachar’s family on board to win. Great example of what @PeteR is talking about.
Thanks, great illustration. Much appreciated.

My head continues to explode.... family --> community is as simple as two or three patriarchal families working together with intent, the patriarchs functioning as an elder council. Community, in a tribal context, equals Clan. Several Clans together in a region can strongly influence local and state government. Building block and foundational loyalties are to family, then Clan, not to party or partisan (divisive) topic...
Yes yes yes! This is how Israel has done it, right? Isn't this the framework Yah spoke His Torah into? Aren't we Israelites by blood or adoption if one chooses to follow Him? What better way to gain understanding of His way than by living in a manner that is structured as closely to the nation He set apart. Why do things like the other nations?

Yes yes yes! This is how Israel has done it, right? Isn't this the framework Yah spoke His Torah into? Aren't we Israelites by blood or adoption if one chooses to follow Him? What better way to gain understanding of His way than by living in a manner that is structured as closely to the nation He set apart. Why do things like the other nations?
Dude, you are singing my tune!

This is essentially what the Germanic tribes did and they founded dynasties around the whole of Europe.

This is essentially what the Germanic tribes did and they founded dynasties around the whole of Europe.
We are just starting two generations from being recognized as a tribe... may be good, or may not be.

Coming together in groups can accelerate, slightly, the tribal identity, but that isn't truly realized until two generations of intermarriage and culture building.

We are just starting two generations from being recognized as a tribe... may be good, or may not be.

I don't follow.

Anyway, the tribal vision being discussed here has been on my mind; I'm not sure about the nuts and bolts of pulling it off but it's highly appealing. We are entering times where these will be the strategies required for success.

I don't follow
My thought is that just pulling a few families together will require some 'glue' and family connections (intermarriage) as well as commitment time to insure a 'culture change'..

Just coming together and making some tribal declaration is insufficient imho. I've seen that fail when times get hard or some minor theological difference arises and personal independence overshadows patriarchal/tribal vision.

Back