• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Ummm, really?

steve

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
1668010210732.png

Here's how something like this happens.
You have a teenager/early 20's kid working your social media. They're good at it, they get the memes, they know what's current. And they have gone through life being raised by Facebook and have no idea what Kristalnacht really means, but figure it's something that could be used for promotion. It's probably on a list of 'days' that they have in front of them.
I highly doubt that anyone meant to be offensive, and would put this down to ignorance, stupidity, and lack of leadership.

Here's how something like this happens.
You have a teenager/early 20's kid working your social media. They're good at it, they get the memes, they know what's current. And they have gone through life being raised by Facebook and have no idea what Kristalnacht really means, but figure it's something that could be used for promotion. It's probably on a list of 'days' that they have in front of them.
I highly doubt that anyone meant to be offensive, and would put this down to ignorance, stupidity, and lack of leadership.

Some doofus probably confused Christkindl-market for Kristallnacht.

“Sorry, an error occurred. Due to a bug in our system, we sent an incorrect and inappropriate message through our app.”

Ah. So either my first assumption is correct, or they have something automatic set up. I'm assuming it's possible, you have a calendar app, you set up your system to automatically send out a generic tweet on holiday/remembrance days. You might tailor some big events, but most just leave it to do itself.

I reject the idea that it is a simple understanding due to the specific product that they were advertising for the celebration.

The Jews practice such a strong degree of separation between milk products and meat that they use different kitchenware for each.
Chicken with cheese couldn’t have been a more deliberate insult.

I reject the idea that it is a simple understanding due to the specific product that they were advertising for the celebration.

The Jews practice such a strong degree of separation between milk products and meat that they use different kitchenware for each.
Why would regular person know this? It is very culturally specific. It is more probably mistake than on purpose.

Not everyone does this and not all Jews do this. Kosher/Halal are fine but not everyone does this and not everyone has to be sensitive to it either.

I've learned to slaughter hogs and I'm sure all sorts of people would be offended by that. And it's not my problem.

I'm sorry that KFC accidentally did a very stupid thing but the facts of their menu are not an insult to anyone. I mean assuming you don't actually eat at KFC I'm sure you'll be fine. ;)

Sounds like an automated script - "on <insert day here> treat yourself to <pick random menu item>"

It obviously could be a deliberate insult, but it's rather an obscure one. It's serious enough to make you lose your job, yet mild enough to go over the heads of most readers - the worst possible combination, lose your job yet don't even achieve your goal. Now, if I was an antisemitic junior staff member who had access to the telegram channel for a major corporation and wanted to lose my job with a bang, I'd say something way more blunt than that, make the one shot worthwhile. I wouldn't deliberately say something this obscure.

That's why it sounds more like a mistake.

Or someone had enough understanding and thought that they would be cute.
After being caught: “Oh my goodness, I absolutely had no idea”

Jews must freak when reading what Abraham served the Angel of the Lord.

Men and their traditions, I await the day where I can say to my neighbor know Yahweh, and they will all know Him.
Me, Ya, I know Yah.

Them, No weh!

Me, Yah-weh!

Probably qualifies as a dad joke.

KFC Germany told McClatchy News that the “obviously unplanned, insensitive and unacceptable message” was “accidentally issued… We sincerely apologise.”

The company said it uses “a semi-automated content creation process linked to calendars that include national observances” but that its “internal review process was not properly followed, resulting in a non-approved notification being shared.”

“We understand and respect the gravity and history of this day, and remain committed to equity, inclusion and belonging for all,” the company said.

So the teenager didn't actually check what was being automatically created before sending it out. Got complacent probably.

Men and their traditions, I await the day where I can say to my neighbor know Yahweh, and they will all know Him.

Traditions are why we do some things when we no longer know why we do those things.

So the teenager didn't actually check what was being automatically created before sending it out. Got complacent probably.
Yeah, I always believe the official explanation also.

Well, when the official explanation confirms exactly what I had already deduced through simple logic:
Sounds like an automated script - "on <insert day here> treat yourself to <pick random menu item>"

It obviously could be a deliberate insult, but it's rather an obscure one. It's serious enough to make you lose your job, yet mild enough to go over the heads of most readers - the worst possible combination, lose your job yet don't even achieve your goal. Now, if I was an antisemitic junior staff member who had access to the telegram channel for a major corporation and wanted to lose my job with a bang, I'd say something way more blunt than that, make the one shot worthwhile. I wouldn't deliberately say something this obscure.

That's why it sounds more like a mistake.
Then I believe the official explanation. Because it just confirms how awesome I am. So it must be true.

Back