• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

New Member Intro

Wanlorn

Male
Good afternoon members of the forum. My name is James, and I am a member of a Fundamentalist Mormon group - no, I do not want you to attack my religious beliefs, no I am not interested in your opinions about my faith and no I am not interested in reading your expose on Mormon doctrine. Chances are I have already read it.

I am a former pastor of a non-denominational congregation that converted to the LDS mother church in 2003, my spiritual journey has taken me through many iterations of my faith, constantly growing and becoming closer to my Father in Heaven. One of the biggest changes recently in my beliefs is that Polygyny is a true principle of the Bible.

I am currently a single dad, my ex-wife had a problem with me agreeing with polygamy and any change in my personal faith that contradicts her faith. I am not here to find a bride, not by any stretch of the imagination, I am here to look at and learn more about the Biblical perspectives of Polygamy/Polygyny. It is always good to learn more to be able to better defend the position to the public and even to be able to lobby the government to change its position on Polygamy as a legitimate form of Marriage.

I am never sure what exactly to write in these introductions, I am originally from BC Canada, and now living in Arizona. I am 49 years old and Love the Lord God more than anything anywhere. My passion for building the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth is surpassed by nothing.

James.

Now if you want to get into heated debates, post “rapture” or something like that and voila!

Lots of sharp witted people here so don’t get spooked by pointy questions.

Welcome and glad you joined!

Now if you want to get into heated debates, post “rapture” or something like that and voila!

Lots of sharp witted people here so don’t get spooked by pointy questions.

Welcome and glad you joined!
Well, I will be cautious at best. I do not want to "debate" with any "sharp-witted" people who ask "ponty questions." I hope that this is a good group. :)

Welcome James. You are sadly far from the only man to lose a wife over just the thought of polygyny. I am sure you will find this forum valuable.

Thanks for being up-front about your theological perspective and what you'd like to get out of the discussions here - if you don't raise any unique doctrinal perspectives people won't discuss them. Of course, if you bring them up yourself that would be another story! :). But all intended in love.

Well, I will be cautious at best. I do not want to "debate" with any "sharp-witted" people who ask "ponty questions." I hope that this is a good group. :)
Fantastic group!

Welcome!

Welcome! I am sure you will find something of interest here. I was curious if LDS men believe in Patriarchy? Or is Partnership marriage more common? I lived in Utah for almost 2 years and the biggest take away with folks that I talked to about polygamy was that the first wife had a higher standing than any other wife coming into the family after her. I was told that the first wife "ruled" over the other wives in certain areas. Do you know if that is a common understanding with young plural LDS families? Just to let you know, I am a first wife. ;)

Hi James. Hope you find what you are looking for here. This is a great place for anyone wanting to bounce there beliefs and ideas around concerning biblical families. Shalom

@Wanlorn

Hello James,

Your journey sounds similar to neighbors of ours who left the main LDS due to their belief in plural marriage. They're nice people and we had them over for Thanksgiving and did I mention they're really nice people?

And like we welcomed them to our home and to our table I'd like to welcome you to BF! :)

Welcome.

Not that you have embraced the principle have you reached out to any Fundamentalist Mormon groups? I have a bunch of Fundamentalist Mormon friends from other online polygamy forums that I have visited over the years.

Welcome, @FollowingHim instituted a heading to threads that will help avoid some of those debates. Any thread labeled “Meat” is one where endless and biting argumentation, satirization and unalloywd character assassination can and most likely will be deployed in a no holds barred arena dedicated to the destruction of all things not true. You may want to be circumspect in those threads.

There are other headings that designate other focuses for some threads but those are stupid and boring and I never took the time to see what they were. I would imagine one is probably something like “Rainbows” and the other is “Gay”.

There’s also the woman’s section but be careful there. Both @Joleneakamama and @MeganC can be brutal.

Maybe we should have a children’s section?

At any rate, welcome to Mortal Kombat. I’m Johnny Cage or Goro depending on my rather unpredictable emotional state at any given moment. Most of the other character names are unclaimed as of right now so you can take your pick except for Raiden (@steve ) and Liu Kang ( @nathan ) . Fight!

you can take your pick except for Raiden (@steve )
As a lad who came to adulthood in the primordial soup that predated Mortal Kombat, I thank you for the compliment, I think.

He’s not exaggerating about anything. Also be cautious around @CatieF she’s sketchy and feisty.

Come to think of it. Pretty much everyone here is scrappy.

I call dibs on Takashi Takeda.

Back