• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Christian response to threats/violence

Please stick to an intellectual discussion, most of the prophecies in the OT were doomposting and almost all of them came true.
Jonah’s prophecy of doom got postponed for over 300 years because the people who he proclaimed it to repented.

#Giverepentenceachance
Not the same situation. @Mark C is doomer. Look at his last post before this. Key word is "if". Awakening maybe won't arrive. This isn't message of hope, but of despair.

We are Christians here, but also Men Of West. Whatever you think of Tolkien, but his works do contain key lessons to learn NOW.

What is key weapon of Nazguls? Despair, nihilism. Just don't fight, it is best to give up to spare orcs trouble.

Why are some people here so focused on orcs hordes in front of Minas Tirith? Or why are they listening to Nazguls? Do you see that such behaviour is helping enemy?

When people are full of giving up, they are worse than useless.

Brothers, lets us not count the odds, but welcome orcs with catapulted stones.

Why wait for rapture? That means allowing easy time for our enemies. Let's also open city gates for them. Are you joking? We can't know what awaits us and how many or in what shape we will be after fighting throught night. But I know 2 things:
1. Dawn will arrive and with it salvation
2. Fight while darkness lasts. Orcs aren't irreplacable.

And for those who don't survive night, their fight won't be in vain. Our only duty is to fight for Lord's kingdom while we live here. That is only thing asked. Winning war or battle is Lord job, not ours.

At least for Americans, path is clear. Take control of school boards and fire all trannies. Federales can crush single school, but they cann't wage conflict against hundred of schools. And anytime somebody starts fighting enemy costs go up. It is only a matter of time before fight gets too expensive.

And by the way, I'm certain that Lord wasn't dooming anywhere in Old Testament. Restoration was always possible if you are willing to pay price (repentance).

Not the same situation. @Mark C is doomer. Look at his last post before this. Key word is "if". Awakening maybe won't arrive. This isn't message of hope, but of despair.
We are somewhere in the beginning of the last days. If the book of Revelations is doom, whatever.

This isn't message of hope, but of despair.
Wrong. That idiotic attitude of ignoring what was at hand got Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed. Steve is right; Nineva at least listened, and turned.

AmeriKa can't "repent" when it won't admit there is a problem. Because it (and the WORLD) literally HATE YHVH and His Word. Just open your eyes, fer cryin' out loud.

“If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed;
if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.”

- Winston Churchill

Or you could just keep ignoring the obvious. Ignore His Word, and see IF He will help you in spite of rebellion.

“If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

— Samuel Adams, speech to Second Continental Congress on August 1, 1776.

Wrong. That idiotic attitude of ignoring what was at hand got Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed. Steve is right; Nineva at least listened, and turned.

AmeriKa can't "repent" when it won't admit there is a problem. Because it (and the WORLD) literally HATE YHVH and His Word. Just open your eyes, fer cryin' out loud.

“If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed;

if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.”

- Winston Churchill

Or you could just keep ignoring the obvious. Ignore His Word, and see IF He will help you in spite of rebellion.

“If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

— Samuel Adams, speech to Second Continental Congress on August 1, 1776.

Let's do assesment of this post.

1. Judgement is coming 👍
2. Repentance won't happen 👍
3. Call for fight for freedom 👍
4. No victory is possible before rapture 👍

Conclusion: doompost

Why would anyone fight if only defeat is achievable before Jesus saves my ass? If fact, in such mindset, not fighting is better, because at least energy is spared. Best is to live in cave, but you like your comfort a little too much for such option.

Did you notice in my post path to at least small victory achievable in next local election for school? I doubt it. I put it on purpose to provide some motivation, some taste of victory.

What makes DeSantis great? He did achieve some victories for conservatives in last several years (decades?). Morale comes first.

And what some here are forgetting to ask themselves is following: What if my rapture theory is wrong? What is rapture won't come and your passivity is allowing spreading of evil? Oops.

And even if end-times are coming it doesn't mean that some areas can be made more "normal" or that some victories are impossible. I doubt trannies will get any foothold while Orban rules.

There is a time for peace and a time for war. We've had it too good for too long in this country. Our nation has gone soft. They intend to kill us, it's up to us if we're going to survive or not.

Let's do assesment of this post.

1. Judgement is coming 👍
2. Repentance won't happen 👍
3. Call for fight for freedom 👍
4. No victory is possible before rapture 👍

Conclusion: doompost
Conclusion: Pollyanna is an idiot, and either can't, or WON'T read. Not just what's here: Scripture.

1) Judgment IS coming. He says so. I didn't have to repeat that, and actually didn't. What I did say is that people ARE letting their children be destroyed. Not "is coming" - ARE. Good grief.

2. ??? Do you just make $#@! up because reading is too hard?

But I'd be thrilled to see it happen. Not from people who deny there's a problem, obviously.

3. At least I'm in good company.

4. ??? Do you just make $#@! up because reading is too hard? I don't even believe in a 'pre-trib Crapture.'

What the heck does that, or orcs, have to do with ANYTHING in here? I was talking about this thread: Trannies killing kids in Gun-Free Killing Zones, because obvious 'servants of Satan' want it.

Conclusion: Some people can't understand anything that doesn't have a silly picture.

Auron MacIntyre has good thread about what is happening:

If anybody here expects that Christians would be OK with being showelled to bottom of social hierarchy, you are not thinking good. Counterreaction is certain.

Additionally, elites are trying to push even more towards society with privileges. Certain people due to their skin, sexual orientation are due some special privileges. This won't end good. French revolution had similar cause.

And final white pill today: USSR has died.

It's dying but it's not dead yet. Not when Russia keeps invoking the Soviet legacy as their "right" to lay claim to other countries.

The USSR is like a vampire that needs to get a stake through its heart. And like every bad monster movie every time you think it's dead it rises up to kill some more.

Right now we're watching "Soviet Union Part Two: Vladimir's Rampage"

The US is more communist than the Russian Federation is. They're just engaging in the usual patriotic fervor. We do the same with the world wars.

Speaking of which, and more on topic, what we can expect in the US will be a nasty mashup of post-apartheid South Africa, the USSR, and Holodomor Ukraine. Contemporary events in Ukraine are the least of our concerns.

They're just engaging in the usual patriotic fervor.
Exactly. In the early days of this conflict some units of the Ukrainian military still carried their historic Soviet standards, for patriotic and historic reasons - because the Soviet military units in Ukraine shifted to being under Ukrainian control, but still had a long history that they were proud of that they did not throw away. Military standards are precious and have been for thousands of years - the Romans were most deeply humiliated when the Parthians stole some of their legions standards.

These are Ukrainian troops in Crimea in 2014 marching with both the modern Ukrainian flag and their historic, treasured, Soviet standard:
29217shotsfired3.jpeg

This is simply patriotic fervour and respect for their ancestors. Neither side is the USSR. They just respect the memory of their grandfathers - as we do also of ours.

It's dying but it's not dead yet. Not when Russia keeps invoking the Soviet legacy as their "right" to lay claim to other countries.

The USSR is like a vampire that needs to get a stake through its heart. And like every bad monster movie every time you think it's dead it rises up to kill some more.

Right now we're watching "Soviet Union Part Two: Vladimir's Rampage"
Who has more pages of regulation?

Remember, in communism center makes all decisions. Only way to make that practically is pages and pages of laws, regulations, sub-law acts etc...

No. Who will replace Putin if assasination is success. Do you want to risk someone "more crazy"? With easy finger on nuclear trigger.

And you still to prove:
A) Putin is crazy
B) Russia is actually new form of USSR

You are one making extradionary claims, therefore you need to show extraordinary proofs. When you find it, open new thread.

And you still to prove:
A) Putin is crazy
B) Russia is actually new form of USSR

I've never claimed that Putin is crazy. But he is a dictator and he is a thug and a killer.

I've also never claimed that Russia is a new form of the USSR. It's the same country and it's ruled by people who loved the USSR the way it had been.

The best analogy I can think of right now is someone saying that Nazi Germany was not the same as Imperial Germany. Doesn't make a bean's worth of difference if you're French.

@MeganC and @MemeFan, this thread is to discuss how Christians are to respond to threats/violence. Not to make threats of violence (e.g. @MeganC's suggestion that Putin should be assassinated).

Your argument about Russia / Ukraine / Putin / USSR etc is out of place - there is one thread already sufficiently taken over by that, please keep it there and don't spread it all over the forum.

Back