• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Scammers and spammers and trolls, oh my!

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Many of you may have gotten the recent 'Beloved of the lord' PM requesting a little help (in order to make a bunch of money of course) - it's a classic Nigerian scam (which can come from any African country - or anywhere). I hope everybody is familiar enough with these to just yawn and ignore by now. This user is deleted along with his outgoing PMs - and we will do this every time it happens, though sometimes it may take us a bit before we see it.

A few years ago we had a REAL spammer problem too, we were deleting a few every day - before we instituted the Biblical signup question. (If you can't answer our simple question, you should go to Sunday School for some milk, before coming here for some meat.) I won't mention the question/answer, so as not to give them any easy access.

That's made scammers and spammers a rarity for us, fortunately. So just ignore them, that's the best remedy for any in these categories, of course.

Thanks much!

Back