• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine

FollowingHim2

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
Last night I had a dream I was talking to Rick Wiles from Trunews and I was telling him about a dream I had (I have not actually had this dream, yes I realise this is confusing lol).

This is the dream I told Rick
Everyone was holding a sparkler (those fireworks that you can hold). These sparklers were given to everyone by YHWH and they were their gender. They shone brightly and looked so beautiful and just how He had intended them. Then I watched people do terrible things with them. Some put them out so they didn't glow any more. Some threw them away and when they hit the ground they went out. Some swapped them with each other, but then they were with the wrong person and the light was dim and horrible. It didn't shine, it wasn't beautiful like it had been. I was so sad watching people get rid of something wonderful that YHWH had given them and putting out their special light.

What was interesting was that during the dream Rick kept telling me that it was ok to be a woman. And it was ok to only do a little bit at a time. It may seem like I'm not very womanly but in what I'm doing I am. The most memorable bit was when he told me if all I could do was make tomato sandwiches for everyone all day, then that was ok, and I needed to focus on the little things that I was actually managing to get done, not the big things that I wasn't.

This dream was meant just for me, but I wanted to share it because the image left with me was so beautiful. Life can be crazy, but remember to focus on the little things, and don't ever put out your light, it's more special than you know.

I love those little touches we receive.. One of the first and only times in adulthood (I have to admit not being very "spiritual") that I knew for sure God was speaking to me was at a very low point in my journey (train wreck), I was curled up laying on decaying earth in the middle of the woods.. I suddenly felt His love, as I had never experienced before, wash over me. He knew me. Through and through. All the feelings, hurtings, longings, loneliness, ugliness... He knew me and loved me. It was incredible. Anywho, apparently we need reminding every now and then. :) It's so easy to fall into a downward pitying spiral of dirty diapers, faces, walls, and everything in between. Thanks for sharing this sweet dream from above with us. :)

I really love that mindset! It is so easy to beat ourselves up over the "big" things not getting done that we minimize all the small things we do each and everyday to bless our Lord and our family. As Ginny would say, "You rock, FollowingHim2!" Thanks for sharing with us.

6 years ago the gender stuff didn't seem so massive, at least it wasn't in New Zealand. It is now.
I wanted to bump this up, because it feels like this dream within a dream is more important than ever. And it makes the song 'This little light of mine' seem far more relevant.

Back