• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Sort of new to this couple in oregon

Asforme&myhouse

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Hi,
We are a Bible believing couple living in Oregon. We were both raised in christian homes where the idea of polygamy/polygyny was considered sinful and disgusting. We have however come to the realization that it is supported biblically and that understanding has really clarified a lot of passages that didn't make sense to me before. I would like to have a second wife and to grow our family. For me, I only want to marry a women who loves the Lord with her whole heart and upholds the scripture as the inspired word of God. I would rather not marry a second than to marry someone who doesn't believe.
Anyway, we are wondering if there are any pro-poly believers in the area between Salem and Eugene? If so we would love to meet you and maybe get together from time to share our interests and fellowship in the Lord.

We are late 20s and mid 30s, but age is not important, we would just like to hang out fellow believers who understand this simple scriptural truth.

Thanks,
Cliff and Elssy (those are pseudonyms)

Hi, "Cliff & Elssy"!

We had a family up in Oregon, but they have recently relocated farther south. This discussion forum provides a primary source of connection and fellowship for a lot of us, and then there are our meatspace retreats three or four times a year. Presently we don't have one scheduled out west, but could have one as early as next Spring. Check back here on the forum or on the main website for information on upcoming events. And be sure to engage here on the board in the meantime! Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome! We would love to go to a retreat if there is one on this side of the country.

I've seen the term "meatspace" a couple of times on here... um... What does that mean? Seems like there could be several connotations implied by that term lol. Is it like, "getting into the meat of the Word"?

It means "in the real world" rather than "in the electronic world". I presume it might come from changing the name of the old website "MySpace".

We just moved down to Glendale, AZ from Dayton OR. We lived just outside Salem for 3 years. Sorry to have missed you. We miss OR but AZ is our home and we are glad to be here.
Welcome to the forum. You find the best people here who are willing to help in any way, or just talk with you. Any questions you have, feel free to ask.
Welcome to BF. You will love this group!

Welcome! Glad to have you here. :) If you get the chance to attend a retreat, I highly recommend it. Face to face is the best. In the meantime, I do hope you find some people to hang out with near y'all. And until THEN, I hope you find strength and encouragement in the fellowship here on the BF forum. :)

Thank you! It has been a blessing meeting all of you here in the forum and we look forward to meeting all of you fine folks in person

Back