• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What of effort?

Well I did only bring that one up in order to warn people away from it, on the assumption that anyone interested in finding such sites would have already found it themselves so I wasn't really promoting it, I haven't even gone into the site at all myself I just read an interview with the owner. But I'll watch your own venture with interest and see if I have to modify my assumptions about such sites as a result. So keep us posted! :)

..my personal opinion is that I just can't get my head around it, but I can't get my head around why someone would voluntarily eat Brussels sprouts, either..

Brussels sprouts can be edible if prepared in a yummy way (otherwise I hate them, too).

Thanks for your straight up response.

UntoldGlory, thank you for your detailed view on this, I really didn't think men would disclose details about it out in the open that's for sure!!

I've been checking in and keeping up with the conversation from time to time, but I have been very busy the past few weeks and am just now getting around to respond. Thanks to everyone for your opinions, I will read over this thread many times and try to gleam insight from it.

Obviously my wife's opposition to my desire is a big hurdle and an honest struggle for me. My faith is being tested as my worldview has grown, because it has made me question so many of my suppositions about the nature of marriage and family, whats possible there, and of God's will for my life. It has been a difficult transition because I have mostly gone through it alone. I have so many questions going through my head and no-one to talk to them about honestly.

I do find substantial drive as a man knowing that polygyny is a virtuous practice in the eyes of God. All the extra energy I feel I have had has to go somewhere. So I pursue things like fitness, career advancement, and general productivity.

Last edited:
I would love to attend a retreat, join a bible study, anything really. We still attend our church but....yeah, can't see this coming up on sunday mornings. I just don't think I could get the wife to go with me, maybe one day? If anyone was close to me id be open to lunch or something as well.

I first told her I believed it was biblically allowed last september (2015) when I first started really digging into biblical marriage in my personal studies. I first told her that it was something I did think I wanted, earlier this spring, after giving it months of honest prayer and consideration.

Last edited:
Well giver her some time. It took my wife four years to come terms with it and I told her before we got married.

It's a hard thing for a woman. I'm not saying it's not a good thing, but it's a hard thing.

Back