• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Among the blessed ...

aineo

Staff member
Real Person*
Male
Perhaps it is just me, but it seems that we've had a real increase in the volume of posts on the forum lately, which is what many of us have desired to see. Interestingly enough, this has come at a price - some fairly contentious opinions and threads. In fact, there have been times lately that I've cringed at some of the remarks. Even so, even with all the differences in opinions, I am grateful to be associated with so many folks who are seeking God, studying the word, and attempting to live more holy and righteous lives. We may not agree on theology and interpretation, but we can, I think, agree that there are a considerable number of us who simply want more of God - more of the truth. I consider myself to be among the blessed because of this.

I thoroughly agree aineo. And I particularly value the differences, because these are what we miss in congregational churches. Christians naturally find everyone who thinks the same as they do and make their own little club where they can all be comfortable together and not have to deal with disagreement. Here, we don't have that. We have a select group of people from every background you could think of, with every viewpoint you could imagine. It's all about disagreement, and that's awesome, it means we get to learn from each other!

We just have to all remember that this is and will always be a varied group. Our natural tendency is to try and convince people that we are right, so we can all come to believe the same thing, and get back to something like the congregational club we came out of, where everyone thinks basically the same. That isn't going to happen here, and we wouldn't want it to either. Biblical Families is unique because it is diverse, and we need to both value that diversity even when it is uncomfortable for us to do so, and speak in a measured amount so we don't overwhelm the opinions of others and make it overly uncomfortable for them.

Back