• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Who is Tom Shipley?

Sonny Chancelor

Male
I was wondering if anyone on BF was aware of Tom Shipley? Here is a link to a YouTube video regarding his book on Patriarchy & Polygyny -

I have also attached to of PDF files regarding the his book and the topic of compromised clergy

BTW, this is my first post. IMHO, polygyny & patriarchy are a God given gift to man.

Attachments

• The_Compromised_Clergy.pdf
    19.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Man_and_Woman_Shipley.pdf
    122.4 KB · Views: 2
Tom is well known to us, and his book is featured on our "books" page on the main website (which you may find interesting to look at, as there are other good resources there as well). I am very glad to hear that you have independently found his writings excellent, without realising that we recommend them also, because that just validates further how valuable they are for others to read also. For completeness - hard copies of "Man and Woman in Biblical Law" can be purchased here.

And welcome to the forum Sonny Chancelor, I'm glad you found us and look forward to getting to know you better!

Welcome Sonny! Tom is one of my favorite authors on the topic of polygyny. Glad you found him, and I'm glad you're here.

Welcome Sonny! FYI, Tom comes to retreats occasionally. We always enjoy hearing what is on his mind.

Back