• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Home Shopping

I found that 15 bedroom. It's here at ePlans. Not that big, "only" 6,000 sqft. :D

Anyway... Hey, UG, love that design. Any chance you can throw it my way?

Yeah no worries, just pm me whatever email you want me to send the file to.

Man that place is huge. Not really obnoxious though, it's really just a nice home that has an astounding number of bedrooms. Like, it doesn't have a million extra rooms like libraries and ballrooms and such.

I'm from the big apple... So I would have to move a few states over to buy one of these homes, which we are considering.

UntoldGlory said:
Man that place is huge. Not really obnoxious though, it's really just a nice home that has an astounding number of bedrooms. Like, it doesn't have a million extra rooms like libraries and ballrooms and such.

That's why I liked it. And as you can see the perimeter can be easily modified for literally any thing.

And PM sent...

Hexagon is another avenue to peruse.

You can have a Main cell which would have your Living Room, kitchen, etc and off the edge of one or two sides you can have a separate cell that can be a master, cluster of smaller bedrooms, what have you.

Here is an example I just found. http://www.coolhouseplans.com/details.h ... =chp-19987
3 cells making up the garage, living area and bedroom. Expand to your needs...

here's another neat one. http://www.topsiderhomes.com/collection ... an=CM-0203
Ignoring the pedestal part, it is two large cells with the living area in the central connector. 4 bedroom 2 bath, as-is. Now imagine, the east and west cells each being a separate Master with a third cell going north for the kids.

You get the idea. Hexagon allows a lot more options than just a big box with smaller boxes inside.

One more. This one gets a mention simply because of the... audacity? I found this by simply doing a search for "polygamist house floor plan". This one has a second story for multiple wives with each having a small separate apartment-like setup. The image is from what looks like a web book called "Banquet of Roses - A plural marriage romance trilogy". You never know what you might find....
http://www.nccg.org/fecpp/bouquet/1ch2.html

The hexagons are definitely cool, and more interesting than "nested boxes", I just did a big rectangle because that's least expensive from a construction standpoint. That last place from the story is huuuuuuuuge!

UntoldGlory said:
Nice! We thought about plans with in-law suites as well, but yeah, they didn't really seem right. Same with buying a duplex or something similar.

Any nifty details you can share about your design, or maybe a floor plan kinda deal?

There are a couple details I don’t mind sharing. I’m not comfortable with putting my entire floor plans on a public forum but I will share a couple clips and a little info. Our house is not all that uncommon, it is around 3,500 sq ft. We have two children’s bedrooms, a girls room and a boys room, each room can comfortably handle six children. We have a living room, family room, and a lower level that has room for another bedroom or so if needed.

The main details for me are our master suite, shown below, which has a large bedroom and bath, a sitting area extra room and half bath. We also have a large gourmet kitchen, shown below, the arrangement creates a few work areas. We cook as a family and I imagine that will continue as the family grows. In the dinning room is our table which seats sixteen.

Attachments

• MAST SUITE.png
    MAST SUITE.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 71
  • KITCHEN2.png
    KITCHEN2.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 71
Very nice! I do like the laundry off of the master bath like that. Also the kitchen island with a sink. Very nice space overall!

Nice indeed. My wife would love that kitchen.

It seems that one of the plans I linked is no longer there. I'm attaching copies of the others here in case they go away too.

fl1.gif CM-0203.gif GHD280-LVL1-LI-BL-LG.GIF

Quick question; are we teaching our boys building trades, like the basics about plumbing, heating and air, alternative home construction methods(not necessarily stud framing)???

We do a lot of building with found materials. In recent years that has still been stud framing though because we find so many studs.

Back