• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Birth Certificates

WifeOfHisYouth

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
When another wife is added and she has children with husband, is there an issue with having him on a birth certificate if he is already "legally" married to another? Or is that a state by state issue?

The question was brought up and we weren't sure why he wouldn't be able to be on it as it would be his child. We wanted see what some have done, so we know way before we have to cross that bridge.

If not, what legal measures do you have to do to make sure that if something happened to the second wife that the kids would be able to stay with their father?

I am not an attorney, so take this with a grain of salt. There is no law that I am aware of that prohibits a man from fathering children by multiple women. In fact, I'd say our culture readily accepts that. I cannot imagine this being an issue at all.

That's what we thought too

The culture wants the men to be in financial bondage to as many women as possible.... :eek: An admission of paternity is not evidence of intent to be married such as would support a bigamy conviction.

I wonder if employers would allow you to add them as dependents too since they are your natural born kids also. Not the mamas but the little ones..
In theory a guy who claims them, might want to add them without being burned?

Last edited:
I wonder if employers would allow you to add them as dependents too since they are your kids too. Not the mama but the little ones..
In theory a guy who claims them, might want to add them without being burned?
Are you referring to medical insurances or ? As far as adding them to a w9 exemption that's as simple as filing a revised w9

If your name is on the birth certificate, you've already established/admitted paternity, and adding your children as dependents shouldn't be any more complicated than it would be for a divorced person adding children from a previous marriage to a plan.

Agreed. All you would have to do, I think, is have custody or legal responsibility, being the father on the birth certificate should suffice.

Again, I'm not an attorney, and this could differ state by state, but I don't see a hole in the argument.

Not following you....

If you're the father, there already is a legal relationship, established by parenthood on the birth certificate. So I too am confused as to what the problem is you are trying to solve.
Or are you talking about establishing a legal relationship between yourself and children a wife may already have to a different man?

If you're the father, there already is a legal relationship, established by parenthood on the birth certificate. So I too am confused as to what the problem is you are trying to solve.
Or are you talking about establishing a legal relationship between yourself and children a wife may already have to a different man?

Yes. Focusing more on incoming. Ive been doing some study recently on trust law and thinking that there may be some solutions there

When I had my son with my ex (poly relationship) I could not legally put him on the birth certificate because we were not married and he would have had to establish paternity. We never went through those steps because he terminated rights.

What country (or state if in the US)? PM if you're not comfortable answering on the forum.

When I had my son with my ex (poly relationship) I could not legally put him on the birth certificate because we were not married and he would have had to establish paternity. We never went through those steps because he terminated rights.

Hard to understand a man giving up a son. If you're new to the forum you should post an introduction. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are going to be interested in your story.

Back