• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from Alabama

Noticed the birthday. Have a good one!

I was walking past the customer service counter of a department store and saw a dispenser with a sign that said, “Please take a number.” So I took one, said “Thanks!” to the worker behind the counter, and continued on my way.

Not really sure how to take this...care to elaborate before i have to assume?

Heh, sure. You introduced yourself by saying only, "Please feel free to post ...thks," which, as @Kevin and @ZecAustin had intimated, is a bit unexpected for an intro thread. So I followed the invitation as well as their suit (and yours).

Michigan here! Welcome to BF!

Last edited:
Heh, sure. You introduced yourself by saying only, "Please feel free to post ...thks," which, as @Kevin and @ZecAustin had intimated, is a bit unexpected for an intro thread. So I followed the invitation as well as their suit (and yours).

Michigan here! Welcome to BF!

Wacky humor, but I got it.:p
Laughed to myself after reading it.

I bought a little farm here in ne alabama,which is very hilly
Love that area. I have kinfolk in Mentone. It's beautiful. My mom used to be a waitress at the Alabama Fan Club in Fort Payne back in the day when the band would frequent the place. Spilt coffee on one of them too. LOL.
I've been leaning Torah observant, hebrew roots,Nazarene' ish
Oh no. Not another one.... I'm kidding. :D

Welcome.

But your really not.....but its all good,im a big boy i can take it.....just hope you are and can as well.....you got something to say about messianics say it man

you got something to say about messianics say it man
I'm gonna head this off at the pass. NetWatchR's a good guy and meant no disrespect; he really is kidding.

Messianic Jews and Hebrew Roots / Torah-Observant gentiles are welcome here with open arms, as are gentiles who are solid in their belief that for themselves and their households, as gentile followers of Christ, torah-observance is not required. That has to be okay with new members, or you may find over time that you're not comfortable here.

What's not welcome is fundamentalists on either side who believe the other side is going to hell and want to talk about it all the time on this board or at retreats. The same logic goes for "Judaizers" as for "NT-only Christians" who believe anyone keeping torah is reprobate. A plague on both their houses.

So the good news is that for those of us comfortable living in the tension and showing the world what Romans 14 looks like, we'll get along just fine. "Every one of us shall give account of himself to God", and we're cool with that.

We're here to talk about marriage and family, not argue about other matters. (Don't get me wrong, we do argue about other matters, but that's just life. It's not the purpose of this group.) In the meantime, sometimes we pick on each other, but it's all just brotherly razzing. We're glad you're here, and we hope you're glad, too!

Peace, friend. ¡Vaya con Dios!

I will be withdrawing my membership here on this site......shalom to you all
I hope not brother. This is a good place and these are good people. I've met many of them in person at the retreats where they are very careful to serve turkey bacon next to the pork bacon, but not touching it!

There is no doubt that most "Hellenized" Christians don't quite get those of us Messianics/Torah observant/Hebrew roots types but that's okay. Most of us are still trying to figure it out ourselves.

Noooooooo! Don't go.
Dang it.

Ok, i'll take this one. I'll try not to joke with newer members. This has bitten me in the rear before and I should have known better.

@InYaHsGrAcE , i really was just joking around and meant no disrespect. It would be great to have you back and share in the fellowship. We are a fascinating, motley group of people and it is that vast range of difference that makes discussing God's Word new and interesting everyday.

Hope you come back, but if not, Go with God.

I was walking past the customer service counter of a department store and saw a dispenser with a sign that said, “Please take a number.” So I took one, said “Thanks!” to the worker behind the counter, and continued on my way.
BTW, i thought this was freaking gold right here. That was hilarious.

That might break some rule if your name is Levi. (Numbers 1:49)

Last edited:
Back