• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Up to Jerusalem

I know there are a lot of people on here who take the Bible seriously, as well as a lot of Messianics.
Recently, I have been looking at the Instruction God gave the Children of Israel about the males going up to Jerusalem 3 times a year, including prophecies of a future time when the nation's will still be expected to do this. Egypt specifically gets mentioned.

I am curious, as the Feast of Tabernacles is up and coming, if any of you all do go up/are going up to Jerusalem.

People are always trying to schedule retreats. Why not kill two proverbial birds with one stone?

I was just discussing going to Israel with some one a couple of days ago. I like the Idea.

Sounds wonderful, but too rich for our blood.

We've been saving up for a couple of years to go. When we first started planning I came to understand why people will join travel groups with those they don't know. Its expensive. Some times travel groups are the only way to be able to afford to.

I know there are a lot of people on here who take the Bible seriously, as well as a lot of Messianics.
Something about your sentence structure suggests that Messianics are not people who take the Bible seriously..... ;)

As a Messianic, I take the Bible very seriously. I know that's what led so many of us into Messianic Judaism and/or knowledge that Biblical Poygyny is just that: Biblical.

I am not entirely sure why I worded it that way, but I do know I am trying to break a lot of nonsensical habits I picked up from writing my university papers.

I would love to go sometime, but just to go. i don't feel called or anything. There are quite a few churches in the US that organize trips over there.

I've heard it's a... religious... experience. *rim shot* thank you, i'm here all week. :D

We need an LOL button, too....

Well then....

I would love to go for various reasons, mostly to get a first hand perspective of the geography and scale of various sites. I was visiting with one of my clients that enjoys discussing the Bible with me, and I was commenting on how Nehemiah managed to get the walls rebuilt in 52 days by having the men build the walls in front of their house.
His response was that there are places where you can see the evidence of that. That he had noticed that the workmanship in some areas was not very good right next to excellent workmanship.

I think it would make so much of what I have studied come into 3D perspective for me and perhaps connect dots I'm still questioning.

Well, I am headed that way now. Prayers from y'all would be appreciated. My travelling buddy and I have been under hectic spiritual attack. Also, it's about 5 hours from when I want to be at the airport, but I was running some post-Shabbat midnight missions and I am now stuck with a blown tire on the side of the freeway. The way things had been going I had thought to take precautions against such an occurrence, so I took the newest vehicle out for my errands. I was worried about the other one being more likely to give me trouble...

Anyway, this is the latest in a string of things that has been culminating in a fascinating experience of obstacles, etc.

Prayers would be great.

Be careful of the Jerusalem Arabs, especially in the old city don't be naive. Many are extremely bitter and hateful and careless with their own lives. Don't enter by the "Shaar Meshekh" (Damascus gate) if you can help it; better by David's citadel.
Don't miss Elijah's cave if you go North through Haifah; quite an anointing there recognized also by the Eastern Christians as well.
Don't misunderstand Israeli body language / facial expressions. Israeli's love Americans, even after the Obama tragedy.
Smiling is reserved for true joy or schiesters trying to loot tourists.
Don't wear shorts in Jerusalem! no matter how hot it is, you gotta wear long pants, it's the Holy City and even tourists know to wear pants.Other cities no problem.
Do you have your arrangements set up or you need tips where to stay?

Is this your first trip? Mozel tov!
Say the shehecheyanu blessing when you land!

בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה יְיָ Blessed are you Adonai
אֱלֹהֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הַעוֹלָם Our G-d, King of the Universe
שֶׁהֶחֱיָנוּ וְקִיְּמָנוּ Who kept us alive and sustained us
וְהִגִּיעָנוּ לַזְּמַן הַזֶּה and made us reach this time!

Well, I am headed that way now. Prayers from y'all would be appreciated. My travelling buddy and I have been under hectic spiritual attack. Also, it's about 5 hours from when I want to be at the airport, but I was running some post-Shabbat midnight missions and I am now stuck with a blown tire on the side of the freeway. The way things had been going I had thought to take precautions against such an occurrence, so I took the newest vehicle out for my errands. I was worried about the other one being more likely to give me trouble...

Anyway, this is the latest in a string of things that has been culminating in a fascinating experience of obstacles, etc.

Prayers would be great.
Blessings to you my brother!

Woooo I just checked the map and Israel is like not near my couch at all.
Hahaha... you think it's a long way from your couch.... it's even further than my fridge!

At a conference some years ago, I went to a seminar about the importance of a pastor going to Israel so that he would be able to preach from that first-hand perspective. I'm still hoping to be able to get there one day but it would be especially beneficial to do a study trip. And the cost has gone up now - I have two wives. :cool:

Made it here safe. Some Chinese guy saw me in Jerusalem yesterday and wanted to take a picture with me. I was wearing my kippah and everything, so I guess he was thinking I was a local. I let him snap his photo, told him, "Welcome to Israel.", and went on my way highly amused to be the nearest Jew this guy found for His photo shoot.

Made it here safe. Some Chinese guy saw me in Jerusalem yesterday and wanted to take a picture with me. I was wearing my kippah and everything, so I guess he was thinking I was a local. I let him snap his photo, told him, "Welcome to Israel.", and went on my way highly amused to be the nearest Jew this guy found for His photo shoot.
Ha.
Wearing the yarmulka in Israel has a different meaning than in the states.
In the states it often means "I'm a Jew"
In Israel it means "I'm an Orthodox Jew" so you'll probably find Israelis who believe in G-d and keep shabbat and kosher will scorn at you if they see you doing something "unorthodox" since the Kippah to them says "I'm Orthodox" and the Orthodox will scorn at you when they see you doing something unorthodox because they'll think "sinner" since the kippah on your head signals to them "I'm one of you".
May wanna keep the hat over the kippah to keep everyone on their best behaviour instead of
unintended international incident :p

l'Shannah Tovah

Back