• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Fall 2017 Retreat, November 17-19, Central Texas

This weekend was incredible. It was great to put faces to names and voices to profile pictures. We met the most amazing pepole and their families. It brought me joy to be around truley G-d fearing folk. There was a palpable presence of G-d there this weekend. I've been accused of being to serious all the time, and that may be a correct observation, but I couldn't stop myself from laughing. I smiled so much that my face hurts today. I got good council that I took to heart and His Spirit confirmed. I left with a renewed passion for service to the L-rd and a focus on how to put that passion to work for His Kingdom. I was sad to see the retreat end. I haven't felt such comaradarie since I was in the Army. We ended up not taking our kids to this one but we are definitely bringing them to the next retreat. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. As well as seeing new faces and putting new voices to to names the next time.

I love you guys.

Last edited:
Agree that this was a really great weekend. It started out great with an opening steak dinner and then just got better. The music was really outstanding and inspiring (thanks Amelangs!). And then Saturday morning we went deep fast when Nathan led us all in an adversity exercise where we all listed (anonymously) our greatest trauma and it was kind of shocking and startling what we as a group have endured to get here. Some people volunteered to talk about themselves and what they have been through. It was a way to get to know each other on a deeper level very quickly, which led us to the afternoon breakout sessions. I can not speak for the ladies session but the men's session was amazing. A friend of mine who joineded us said it was more like what church really should be like. We did a lot of praying for each other. The youth went on a hike. And then to feed the mind the Saturday evening session Joe led us in a session about Hebrew hierglyphics and roots of words and how what it reveals about who God is and what he does. that was followed up by more praying for specific needs. To finish off the weekend there was a wonderful church service with more great music ("Diamonds!") and a very moving communion service. Oddly there really was not a whole lot of polygamy at the retreat. Mostly it was just a tidal wave of Christian fellowship. After church, some had to leave, some went out for lunch and some pooled their food and had a picnic lunch together. But wait! There was more. If you stayed through to Sunday night we all went on a roadtrip to Bastrop and saw Kites (Amelang boys plus a few playing the funk) at a wonderful little outdoor restaurant. The temperature was cold but the music was hot. So much fun! When the retreats are over you always wish they would never have to end and would go on and on. I heard a number of people remark about how little drama was at this retreat. Mostly just really good times and great people to meet and talk to.

Hoping everyone is having a grand thanksgiving Day. We just finished eating our main meal which was incredibly well done by my @Well loved wife and our oldest daughter.

The best part of the meal had to be the funny stories my children were telling about the fun and friends they’d made at the retreat. The funniest was my sassy 10 yr old daughter telling how she was the one to push Noah into the pool!

Thanks again for such a good retreat! We were truly blessed to be able to attend and are looking forward to the next one.

In case you missed it here are The Kites in action!

Kites_-_Neighbors_-_Nystrom.jpg

Those guys are pretty good. If they were up here, I’d request an email notification when they’ve got a gig just so I could try to plan my evenings and date nights around it.

Back