• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Learning to love the idea of having a sister wife

Broncos4life

Real Person
Female
When I married my husband Joe I knew he wanted multiple wives. I didn't even want to entertain that idea . I thought once we got married I can change his mind and make him only devoted to me. When I found out I was pregnant 3 weeks after we were married I thought for sure he would drop that dream of having many wives.
As the months progressed after we got married my idea's about plural marriage changed. I started to see scripture about plural marriage, and join sites like Biblical Families. I came to the conclusion that Plural marriage is not wrong but it's not for me.
Many of you may know my husband is gone to war in Afghanistan. When he deployed I was still unsure if plural marriage was right for me. While I had more of an understanding of it, putting it into my lifestyle was another thing. Shortly after he deployed, I had this dream.
I had a dream that I was a wife, and I had a sister wife and we were getting professional pictures taken for a magazine. There were 9 small children around us and me and my sister wife were smiling and we seemed very happy.
I think God had something to do with it: that He showed me this for a reason, so I can accept plural marriage into my life. Ever since this dream I have been very excited and happy to find a sister wife. This dream caused me to do lots of research and I see so many benefits of having a sister wife. I realize my husband would love me and another woman the exact same.

I feel blessed that my husband loves me with all his heart and takes good care of me and is a great provider. He’s provided for me financially since day 1, and he was there to help me when I had any pregnancy morning sickness or pain. He will comfort me when I'm sad or crying.
I have always wanted to be married and have babies. However, I never thought I would get pregnant or married. I worried that I would be a lonely old spinster my whole life. There is probably another woman out there who feels the same way I do and I would love to make her as happy as I am. My husband has the ability to love more than one woman, why should I deny him his God given ability? His love for me would not change or diminish it would only grow more and more. I'm pregnant with my first child but I want lots and lots of children. If I have another child my love for this baby would not change at all only grow.

When Joe came came into my life, I was happy to be loved and cared about. During our courting phase I was not so good to him I was pretty stubborn and a brat, but he always loved me and never held it against me. I can't wait till I have a nice woman to call my sister wife one day.

Hi Broncos! Can you send me a PM when you have a chance? I'd like the message you, but it isn't allowing me to for some reason

B4L - You can message Elizabeth anytime and initiate a conversation.

Elizabeth - As a newcomer some of your privileges are restricted until you have been here a certain amount of time and posted a few times. That will pass pretty quickly if you're at all active here. (I know your profile says you been on the board awhile, but it doesn't look like you've been active (until now) since we upgraded the site and the forum software. Give it about a week and you should be able to PM anyone you want.)

And welcome back!

Thank you, Andrew! I figured that was the case. I really appreciate you letting me know.

@Broncos4life i am not sure if you are still active on here I noticed this post is a little old but I wanted to know how things have progressed? How are you, hubby and baby? Do you have a poly family now?
Hi Patricia. I need to be more active on here! My hubby, baby, and I are doing great. We have not found another wife for our family yet but are hopeful!

Wonderful story. My husband always wanted another wife. But.he never wanted to replace me just add. He is an amazing man and I was worried about losing him. But 5 years ago we renewed our commitment to each other and I watched sister wifes and realized I was being prepared for a sister/wife. Last year we meet our sister/wife. And they got married in October of last year. She is my best friend and sister. I love her as much as she loves me. We have ups and downs but.we talk and and work at getting.over the hump. When the time is right Hashem will send u who is to be the part of ur family. I pray you get the one from Hashem. I know.we.did and wouldn't change it for the world

Back