• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Concussion

Praying.

Hi Samuel. Hey, sorry to hear things are not so good with the head! I'll pass that on and we'll be praying for you and the family. Blessings Brother.

You may want to research 'cranial electrostimulation' (CES). The gamma brain frequency range would be something to consider, ie: 40hz +

Any update on Sam guys? He hasn't been on the site for months. Is he still suffering from the concussion?
How do we need to direct our prayers?

Hey I had an idea @FollowingHim2 ; I remember he was having trouble with computer screens; if that's still the case maybe some stuff can be done, albeit tediously, on a Kindle or other android device which uses e-ink?
There is no refresh like a traditional screen so if he needs to do spreadsheet stuff or other things like that he could at least do it without the pain from the active screens?

He's really busy, we have a lot going on. He's focusing on work and family, and then he crashes and his head won't work properly. When he is able to function properly again he has backed up work and family commitments again. It doesn't seem to matter what we do, what we feed him, how we pray, he has the same cycle where he's fine for a bit then crashes and is unwell and it's a slow process to get him up to his normal level again. He's returned to the doctor but there's nothing they can do. Biblical Families has been going well, especially with the wonderful team already in place here, and he gets regular updates from me as I tend to read while I'm feeding Peter, he's just not making it a priority while there's other things requiring his attention.
I think I should mention here too that I'm not doing so well, in various ways, and for a variety of reasons. I need him more now than I ever have before. I'm guilty of taking more of his time than perhaps I should be.
@IshChayil , I'll mention the screen thing to him, thank you. I'm not sure how much screens are still affecting him.

May the L-rd answer your prayers in these days of distress. May the Name of the Yeshua fortify and restore you. May He remember all your prayers, and look favorably upon your house and the sacrifices you've made for HIS Kingdom. May He grant our heart's desire, and restore Samuel back to health. We will rejoice in your deliverance, and raise our voices in the name of our G-d; may the L-rd heal Samuel from the effects of his concussion.

Thankyou very much for all of the prayers over the past few months. I'm still up and down with this, but generally just struggle to keep on top of everything in life. Trying to prioritise what is most important and avoid stress, because that triggers things off. I also realise that there is likely a spiritual element to this, Satan has had a brilliant opportunity to push me down under the disguise of a physical injury, making it difficult to see the line between the physical and the spiritual. I apologise for my absence from the forum, but am very grateful to @aineo, @Verifyveritas76 and @andrew for holding it all together and have been very glad to see all the new members and activity, this ministry is expanding rapidly and it is wonderful to see. I'm pulling back from moderation to allow me to come on here without the mental pressure of knowing there are probably things I need to deal with that I have not, and I hope to be around more as a result. Thanks again for your concern and prayers. I also couldn't have got through this without Sarah, she's been more than wonderful, including her continued presence on here as well as obviously everything she does at home.

Back