• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Southeast regional retreat! (Feb 17-19, 2018)

Oh yeah they are already requesting tomahawks and Bowie knives and talking about who's beard is going to be the biggest

SO sorry my wife and I missed this retreat. I'm deployed to Afghanistan for another 12 months. It seems like so long, but hopefully it will go quickly. I love the biblical families community and I can't wait to attend another retreat when I return home in 2019!

What was mentioned at the retreat was an event for fathers and for sons over a threshhold age, and I'm guessing that would be at least about 13. Lots to think about.

Made it as far as Hammond, LA, last night; just too tired to keep driving at 2:00a. Caught a hotel room for a nap, and now we're looking at a mid-afternoon touchdown back at the house.

I know shoutouts always risk offense for somebody whose contribution doesn't get mentioned, but I'll take that risk, because I want to call out Zec, for being the Inseminator of this event, Ancient Paths and his bride for their transparency and evident heart for God (that's a brave woman you got there, AP), and of course, the inimitable Julie-the-Jewel-of-Biblical-Families, without whose selfless and tireless logistical support we'd be in deep trouble.

And of course, thanks to everyone who gave of their time and treasure to make it to the event, and everyone who contributed in so many ways, visible or invisible.

Wooh! Wooh! Wooooooh! There are just some things I do not need to see. LOL! Ron with only a loin cloth? Worse yet, me in a loin cloth!! I’m here for growth and connecting to believers. That’s some connection that may scar me. :confused: I’m in, depending on work and school. :):) Re-freshing, re-treat, re-connecting was the Georgia trip. We are home now, but Loved every minute. First retreat for Gabriel, Michael, n Kelly. We/they talked about it for hours on the way home (8 hours). Wanting to go back ASAP. If you’ve never come with your children, please do. It allows them to “see” the “fruits” of Godly parents. What blessings the retreats offer.

Last edited:
Enjoyed meeting your boys, Curtis, and more importantly, my kids enjoyed hanging out with and getting to know them (talked about it last night). Didn't get to spend time with Kelly, but ya know, summer retreat is only a few months away.... ;)

Enjoyed meeting your boys, Curtis, and more importantly, my kids enjoyed hanging out with and getting to know them (talked about it last night). Didn't get to spend time with Kelly, but ya know, summer retreat is only a few months away.... ;)
YYEEEESSSS!!!

What was mentioned at the retreat was an event for fathers and for sons over a threshhold age, and I'm guessing that would be at least about 13. Lots to think about.

Made it as far as Hammond, LA, last night; just too tired to keep driving at 2:00a. Caught a hotel room for a nap, and now we're looking at a mid-afternoon touchdown back at the house.

I know shoutouts always risk offense for somebody whose contribution doesn't get mentioned, but I'll take that risk, because I want to call out Zec, for being the Inseminator of this event, Ancient Paths and his bride for their transparency and evident heart for God (that's a brave woman you got there, AP), and of course, the inimitable Julie-the-Jewel-of-Biblical-Families, without whose selfless and tireless logistical support we'd be in deep trouble.

And of course, thanks to everyone who gave of their time and treasure to make it to the event, and everyone who contributed in so many ways, visible or invisible.

I AM THE INSEMINATOR!!! I demand that my screen name instantly be changed to this and I will take care of getting my birth certificate and driver's license changed over.

Oh my goodness!! You guys are too much. Now that I have stopped laughing, I will say "thank you" to Andrew for his kind words. It is always my pleasure to serve the body of Christ. One of my favorite things is literally seeing the body of Christ come together, pray together and laugh together. It is a good thing!

Thank you to all the brothers and sisters that worked so hard to make this a wonderful time to both give our gifts and receive fresh energy from the brethren, I thank Nathan for the personal invite he gave me.

This was our first retreat and we cannot express how special it was. We met so many families that care so much for everyone! We felt our family grew by adding all the people who genuinely care about each other. The uniqueness of each combined to make a whole was so inspiring. It was loving, learning and spiritual. I can't wait to go to the women's retreat in a couple of weeks! It felt like such a big family, we needed to call someone to let them know we made it home safely! Thank you to all who made it possible, especially having it in Georgia. Special thank yous for the loving conversations that were shared and won't be forgotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad you guys could make it!! Hope y'all can join us for the summer retreat in August!

Back