• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

MARRIAGE, DIVORCE, REMARRIAGE, POLYGYNY & JESUS

elkanahtyler

Male

MARRIAGE, DIVORCE, REMARRIAGE, POLYGYNY & JESUS - Another Look for Christians.
COPYRIGHT JANUARY 14, 1995 All rights reserved. Portions of this file/document may be posted/published as long as the paragraph of the portion, the paragraph before the portion and the paragraph after the portion are included without any additional breaks or spaces, and the source and author are included with the portion posted/published.
Copyright 01/12/96; 11/10/05; 5/13/09; 11/29/10; 05/01/12; 7/15/13; 4/12/15 (Revised)
By Tyler and Tyler Posts and Publications: ID USA portionS of this is found at
- - -http://www.scribd.com/OldServantTyler;

TOPICS: FOREVER MARRIAGES CROSS CULTURALLY, FORMAL AND INFORMAL CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE, COMMON LAW MARRIAGE, CHRISTIAN DIVORCE, CHRISTIAN REMARRIAGE, RACISM, ETHNOCENTRICITY, AND THE SWEARING OF OATHS

TABLE OF CONTENTS (PLEASE USE YOUR "FIND" TOOL TO FIND THE CHAPTER BY THE CHAPTER ROMAN NUMERAL)

I.A. INTRODUCTION: PRIORITIES RECONSIDERED.

I.B. HOW BIBLICAL CHRISTIAN POLYGYNY WORKS

. DIVORCE DEFINED, A Surprise

II.B. DIVORCE! A PLAGUE AND ITS CONSEQUENCES.
6/15/15

III. HUSBAND SHORTAGE FOR GODLY WOMEN SEEKING MARRIAGE

IV-A. MARRIAGE FROM GENESIS TO JUDGES

IV-B. MARRIAGE FROM JUDGES TO JESUS

V-A. MARRIAGE, JESUS AND THE APOSTLES

V-B. MARRIAGE FROM APOSTLE PAUL TO TODAY

V-C BIBLICAL CHRISTIAN POLYGYNY TODAY

VI. ADULTERY DEFINED: A SURPRISE!

VII. SO, WHAT ABOUT MARRIAGES TODAY IN MY COUNTRY?

VIII. ARE COMMON LAW OR CIVIL UNION PEOPLE LIVING IN ERROR TODAY?

IX. MARRIAGE, PRIVATE COVENANTS, CIVIL LAW, PERSONAL LIBERTY AND A
LOVING CONSCIENCE!

X. DOES GOD FORGIVE BROKEN VOWS, DIVORCE AND ADULTERY?

XI. CAN YOU COME BACK TOGETHER & REMARRY AFTER ADULTEROUS
REMARRIAGE?

XII. WHAT ABOUT THE HEALTH QUESTIONS INVOLVED IN SUCH
REUNIONS?

XIII. CAN ADULTERY, DIVORCE, VOWS AND REPENTANCE RESULT IN
INFORMAL AND UNOFFICIAL MARITAL COVENANTS?

XIV. ADULTERY, DIVORCE, INFORMAL AND UNOFFICIAL MARITAL COVENANTS AND THE UNSAVED.

XV. THE MARRIED MAN WHO WOULD USE INFORMAL AND UNOFFICIAL MARITAL COVENANTS TO GET A "HAREM".

XVI. ARE INFORMAL AND UNOFFICIAL MARITAL COVENANTS OPTIONS FOR THE ABANDONED MAN?

XVII. INFORMAL AND UNOFFICIAL MARITAL COVENANTS AND THE LEADERS OF GOD'S PEOPLE.

XVIII. INFORMAL AND UNOFFICIAL MARITAL COVENANTS AND THE WESTERN CHRISTIAN WOMAN.

XIX. WHAT'S WRONG WITH POLYANDRY?

XX. HUSBAND RULE OVER THE WIFE? IF SERVANT-TEACHERS RULE .

XXI. THREE CHEERS FOR MONOGAMY! THE BEST FOR MOST!

XXII. LISTEN TO THE WORD ABOUT VOWS, COVENANTS AND PROMISES

XXIII. FOOTNOTES FOR I.B.

XXIV. BIBLIOGRAPHY

APPENDIX ONE: WHAT MAKES A WEDDING &/OR A MARRIAGE?

APPENDIX TWO: WHEN ONE SHOULD MARRY AND WHO NOT TO MARRY

APPENDIX THREE: INFORMAL AND UNOFFICIAL MARITAL COVENANTS IN A HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT

APPENDIX FOUR: BIBLICAL INFORMAL AND UNOFFICIAL MARITAL COVENANTS WEDDING COVENANTS

APPENDIX FIVE: RACISM, INTERRACIAL &/or INTER-ETHNIC MARRIAGE

This work is dedicated with love and honor to Carol Lynn McIntyre (of Oceanside's Camelot), Beverly Tyler (of Tennessee}, Diane Tava Lovelady (of Santee CA), Lua Nguyen (of Vietnam), Marilyn Tyler (of Canada), Paula D. (of San Diego, CA); Meli Bunnell (of Tepic, Nyarit Mex), and Carmen Guerrero (of Mazatlan, Mex).
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bib...-concubines-polygyny-an-t45.html#.VTgIVWaDCK0
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I.A. INTRODUCTION: PRIORITIES AND PARADIGMS RECONSIDERED
This study is the result of my own marital experience where I was divorced from my wife and both of us claimed sincerely and earnestly that we were born again believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. I was faced with the question, "What does a Christian do about his/her need to marry when in a divorced-from-one and wanting-to- marrry-another situation, and he believes that he/she and the Christian exmate are bound to each other maritally by the Lord until death parts them?" Or ---- "What does a Christian do in a divorced-from-one and remarried-to-another situation, and he/she believes that he/she and the Christian
exmate are bound to each other maritally by the Lord until death parts them?" And the moral question: "Is it adultery or is it something else?"

As I read the papers and listen to the news many questions come to my mind. According to the census department, 40% of Black women never marry. Single parent households abound. Welfare undermines marriage by giving the mother an artificial and unearned financial independence of the father. It gives them the option of being able to have a child without having or needing a husband. It is very difficult for most man to comfortably stay with a woman who doesn't need him and often has a more sure and steady income than he has. Where are the Black men who love and desire these Black women? TV news special
after news magazine articles after newspaper articles tell about so many Black men who are in serious trouble with the law. For many this reflects a economically crippling attitude towards authority, society, their families, their women and their children. This crisis for so many Black men, not wanted or needed by their women and rejected by the majority society, is devastating to the Black family. So what is the solution for sincere Black Christians dealing with the issues of divorce and remarriage in this context? I believe
this document has some radical but realistic solutions.

What about the widows of Rwanda, Burundi, Somalia, Viet Nam, Cambodia, Sri Lanka and Bosnia? Are they doomed to a lifelong widowhood, never to remarry because of the scarcity of men? Is remarriage not possible where there are so many more women than men? What kind of life in those countries is a widow or a single mother doomed to when they are not able to remarry? I believe this document has some radical but realistic solutions for such
people, especially if they are of the Judeo-Christian persuasion.

Our relationships with our mates and our children are second in importance and emotional intensity only to our relationship with Jesus. In San Diego's Union-Tribune several months ('95) ago they reported on a study of the effects of divorce that involved thousands and lasted over 20 years. The social scientists screened the participants so that they had two groups that basically differed as follows, one whose parents had divorced or separated and the other group whose parents did not divorce or separate. They found that the average life expectancy was five years longer for the group whose parents did not divorce. Divorce made a five year difference in the life expectancy of the two groups.
Dr. Griffith Banning conducted a study of 800 Canadian children.It was reported that their parents' divorce, death or separation, resulting in the children's felt lack of love and affection, did greater damage to their growth and development than disease and all other factors combined.>a
[>a Love, by Leo Buscaglia, Fawcett Crest, NY,1972,p.78

What we do with our marital relationships has a profound effect not only on us, but on our children, for a lifetime. We already know that a divorce, statistically, usually results in serious health problems ranging from ulcers and cardiovascular problems to hormonal and emotional problems. Divorce can devastate us and our loved ones. How can we afford to let our marriages, which Jesus intended to arenas filled with love and testimonies of His life changing all-sufficiency, become instead arenas of suffering, bitterness and hatred ---
trophies for the enemy of our souls?

Yet look at the relationship most of us have with our loved ones and our God. Most of us live our lives devoid of the life changing power and compassionate cherishing of our living and reigning God. Most of us are falling short of compassionately cherishing our mates and children. We wonder why we don't see the power of God in our lives. Yet how can Jesus bless us miraculously and and powerfully intervene in our lives when we have let ourselves become so entangled in the cares and affairs of our daily lives that the Spirit in us is chocked and rendered fruitless. It is not just a matter of seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, which most of us fall short of by letting TV or other personal pleasures rob us of the time we could spend with Jesus. It goes even beyond that. For many of us the question is , Why is our relationship with our living and powerful God so lifeless and embarrassingly weak? Why is there such a great discrepancy between the the life changing power of God we believe in, and the dissatisfying mediocrity and
ineffectiveness of most of our lives? We know that if we walk in His will and do those things that are pleasing in His sight, He hears our prayers and supernaturally intervenes in our lives (1Jn3:21-24; 5:14,15), so when we fail to walk in His will and fail to do those things that are pleasing to Him we should not be surprised at the spiritually impotent lives and testimonies we have. What a tragedy to lose the battle for the souls of our children and loved ones because we stuck with bad or foolish choices.

Specifically with this study I try to discover and share what I understand to be His will for us maritally. I try to show that an adulterous marriage, an adulterous remarriage, and or an adulterous divorce can gut our walk in the power of our God, leaving us with an impotent and sterile life and testimony that is bad enough in and of itself; but when you add
the chastening of our God to an impotent and sterile life, it can be enough to break your heart and spirit. But isnt that why He sends the chastening of weakness and sickness (1 Cor. 11) or the chastening of poverty, strife, diseases and animal attacks (Ezek 14) ---- to break our stiff necks and hard hearts so He, as the potter, can remake us in our confession and repentance? Are you experiencing this chastening? Do you think it might be due to an ungodly divorce or marriage? Do you wonder what you should do about it? Please read this study. This study is written as a wake up call to Christians who have fallen into marriages, divorces and remarriages that are contrary to the will of God and now want to know what they should do. A child of God wants to do the will of God (1Jn2:3,4,5).We know that our God has told us in 1 Pet. 3 that if we fail to live wisely with our wives, our prayers will be hindered. He has told us that in Isaiah 59:1,2 that he wont hear our prayers if we fall into disobedience and fail to be Ambassadors of His Love. This study is for the person who is not sure about the will of God facing a divorce, marriage or remarriage. This
study is for the divorced, the married and the remarried who find themselves in a situation that neither affords them the peace nor the joy of the God who longs to fill their lives with both. Hopefully this study will be used of God to shed some light on those heartbreaking and unfulfilling situations. Please hear the Word in this study, and be brave in the Lord to do His will, no matter what the cost.

Dear reader, I exhort you to test, try, prove, examine, scrutinize and check against the Word every idea or concept in this document that seems questionable, doubtful or radical. Stay with what you understand the Word to say. What you will read is where I have arrived in the quest for His will. It is very controversial and I believe it is controversial because I came to this quest as a scholar, an anthro-pologist and a child of God who earnestly wants to know his Father's will. So "Here I stand!" ---- until further
enlightenment from the Father.

This study is based on the understanding of the Word of God that a godly marriage of two godly people is for life, and that they are bound by God to each other maritally until death dissolves the marriage. It is an attempt to catch the mind of the God who hates divorce and who hates the breaking of wedding covenants. It is an attempt to understand the marital will of the God who doesn't want us to be foolish vow breaking fools in whom he has no pleasure. This document is written from a "Christian", fundamental, evangelical,
dispensationalist, etc. point of view for those who understand that point of view. The followers, or disciples, of Jesus Christ are called "Christians", and for them loving obedience to their Lord and King is the paramount issue in all matters of human life. What does "Christian" mean? Who is the God of one who is called a "Christian"? Jesus is God revealed in the flesh-blood-bone body, God's only incarnate Son, physically begotten of the virgin Mary, God's Mediator of the New Covenant, Savior and Redeemer of all who obediently believe, King of Kings, Lord of all soon to return visibly, Creator of all
things that have ever existed (including Michael, Lucifer, Satan, Gabriel), and Judge of all humans soon to return visibly in His resurrected flesh and bone body. What is a "Christian"? Without controversy the Word is clear that we are saved and born again Spiritually as a result of the following:

(1) His unearned compassion He had for us even before we know Him, which compassion moved Him to give His only begotten Son to bear our sins and die in our place.
(2) His enlightening us about who He is, convincing us of our sins and His righteous judgment of sin, and constraining us to accept Him while we are still spiritually dead in our sins. [John 1:9,12; 16:7-11]
(3) His giving us the gift of belief/faith in God (revealed as Jesus Christ, His miraculous birth, His holy life, His undeserved and substitutionary death, and His resurrection demonstrating His victory over death and sin) in spite of our spiritual blindness and death [James 1:17]
(4) Our willingness >1 to accept and use His gift of belief is met with His enabling >2 us to have and exercise genuine faith in Him as our King, God and Savior in every area of our life. [>1 2 Corinth. 8.; >2 Phil. 2:13; 4:13.]
(5) Since all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags there is no work or deed that we can do to earn Gods salvation. Our part is to genuinely believe in, accept and submit to His gracious gift in Jesus Christ.

Okay, so that is what a Christian is . Whats next? I believe that it is obvious that a Christian should not lean to his own understanding>3 and should not just do that which seems right to himself>4. I believe that those who are born of God are led by the Spirit of God Spiritually>5 and by the Word>6 I believe that the believer must acknowledge Christ's Lordship in every area of his/her life for Christ to be the real and actual LORD/KING of that believer>7. I agree with the Bible that a Christian's obedience is his birthmark, the vital and critical proof of having been truly born again of God>8 . Besides all of that, Jesus said that if I loved Him, I would obey Him, showing my love by my obedience>9 so of course I want to show my love for Him and show proof of my rebirth
in Him by obeying Him.
[Footnotes:>3 Prov. 3:5,6; >4 Prov. 16:24; >5 Romans 8:13,14.; >6 Psalm
119:9,11,24,32,72,89, 93,101, 104,105 ,166,167; >7 Prov. 3:5,6; Romans 12:1,2; 1 Cor. 6:19, 20 etc; >8 (1John 2:3,4,5; 3:10, 24; 5:2,3; Hebrews 5:8,9); >9 (John 14:15,21).]

Yes, I realize that obeying Him is not necessarily obeying Christian leaders and teachers because if they teach the traditions and commandments of men>10 instead of or along with the commandments and traditions of God, they make the Way of God null, void and ineffective. Yes, I know that God can use godly men and Christian leaders/teachers to show us His Way>11 but surely it is our responsibility to be like the Bereans>12, testing-trying-examining scrutinizing>13 all of their teachings and leadership to see if it conforms to the Word of God, holding fast to what we find to be true/good. We need to
diligently search the Word to find the will of God, especially in the matter of
controversial and questionable things.
[Footnotes:>10 (Matthew 15:1-9; Mark 7:1-15); >11 (Hebrews 13:7; >12 of Acts 17:11.31; >13 1 John4:1-4 and 1 Thess. 5:21.]

I.B. HOW BIBLICAL CHRISTIAN POLYGYNY WORKS
[1] THE BOTTOM LINE IN MARRIAGE
[2] THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A GODLY MARRIED COUPLE
[3] ENABLED TO LIVE SUPERNATURAL LOVE IN MARRIAGE
[4] THE BEHAVIOR OF THE GODLY SPIRIT FILLED WIFE
[5] MARITAL CLEAVING, SEPARATION, DIVORCE AND REMARRIAGE
[6] MONEY AND FINANCES IN THE GODLY CHRISTIAN FAMILY
[7] GODLY SEX IN A GODLY MARRIAGE
[8] THE WORD ON POLYGYNY
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bib...-concubines-polygyny-an-t45.html#.VTgIVWaDCK0

[1] THE BOTTOM LINE IN MARRIAGE
***Ephesians 5:33 To sum up, each one of you should [patiently, kindly, humbly, unselfishly, politely with godly behavior] Love his wife as himself [whether or not she deserves it], and the wife should be respectful to her husband [whether or not he deserves it]. AmpB EXB
***Colossians 3:18 Wives, yield to the authority of [submit yourselves to] your husbands, because this is the right, appropriate and fitting thing to do in the Lord. 19 Husbands, [patiently, kindly, humbly, unselfishly, politely with godly behavior] Love your wives and don’t be bitter toward them or treat them harshly. EXB, HCSB, CJB

[2] THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A GODLY MARRIED COUPLE
FOR THE REST GO TO https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bib...ce-remarriage-concubines-polygyny-an-t45.html

Back