• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

1 Cor. 7:2 - "Each woman her OWN husband"

cnystrom

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
"2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband."

I am familiar with the argument about the first part of this verse: a man having his own wife to prevent sexual immorality, does not preclude him from having more than one wife. But what about the second part of this verse, "...and each woman her own husband."? In particular the word "own" here? How can a woman have her own husband if she has to share him with sister wives?

I have some thoughts on this, but I would be interested in yours.

the greek word used for "his own" is different from the one used for "her own" and the verse actually supports poly.
check Strongs

Mat 9:1 And he entered into a ship, and passed over , and came into his own city.
obviously the city was shared

Several children with the same father can claim him as their own father. Same vocabulary works with several woman having their own but the same.

Back