• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2008 West Coast Retreat

Just got back from our trip down South, how was the West Coast retreat we missed?
Oscar

Hi all, sorry for taking a while to reply to this thread. I'm driving down I-5(OK, Nita's driving :), testing a 7-day trial Verizon Broadband connection - it's fun to be surfing/emailing at 70mph! We're on our way to the boonies near Mt. Saint Helens, for a 3-day family reunion with ~55 of my relatives now, on my dad's side. (Pray for that, first time with lots of relatives since I married Nita 12 years ago! My parents will "buffer" for us though, and have prepped people about us.)

Anyway, we had a great time last weekend, small but great. 4 different families were present or represented. (As an aside, Biblical Families has very few west coast signups yet, when looking at zip codes. Mostly light participation from California, it looks like, and I won't comment further on that, at this time. :) Perhaps their will be more signups in the coming year, enough to justify future retreats.) The park we met at was beautiful and we were very casual because of our size and meeting outside - both kind of kept me in vacation, and thus "fellowship", mode, pretty much - but I don't think anybody wanted me to preach anyway. :D The highlight was getting to meet and get to know John_For_Christ and WomanSeekingGod, and worshiping with them at their place on Sunday. I'll post some pictures eventually.

God bless, everybody, see you in Dallas, if not before! (Floridians: stay tuned for August get-together plans.)

If there's anybody reading this in the state of Washington (or Oregon) and you'd like a visit from us in the next 3 weeks, drop me an email or PM on the board.

God bless, Nathan and family, on the road... (in my best "Charles Kuralt" voice.)

Hi Nathan & Family, hope you guys have a really nice time at the reunion. The buffering is a very good idea. I started doing the same with my family here and abroad. It might make the road less bumpy later. lol You guys have a great weekend!

Oscar

Nathan,

You guys have a safe trip. We want all of you back in Florida in one piece!

Doc

Back