• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2009 Biblical Families Annual Retreat - Orlando FL

Doc

Real Person
The retreat this weekend was AWESOME! I truly enjoyed meeting friends old and new. God was there in a real way in the teaching, the fellowship, and yes, even the fun! Get ready, boys and girls, for even bigger and better things in the future! Muah!

I would like to hear from EVERYONE!!!!! Please post your comments or thoughts!

Hard to tell whether it was more "fun" or more "blessing". :)

There is not enough time right now for me to explain to the world the significance that the retreat had on our family and how much God blessed us through the fellowship and teaching. Here are some quit hitters.

My wife was greatly blessed by being able to see "poly in action" and having 4 "firsts" and 4 "seconds" to corner and interrogate. We felt like we had been friends with everyone for years, and could almost swear that we had seen more than half of you all before somewhere in our past. We were supposed to leave on Sunday morning early and stayed until monday afternoon. We were hooked and did not want to leave.

If you have not been to a retreat, I would strongly suggest making it a priority for you as a husband and father. The opportunity to fellowship with others and learn from the many years of plural marriage is truly a blessing that can only be received in person.

Plus, the food was great and I got to see both Nathan and Doc in a pair of shorts, and if that is not enough to get you to spend your hard earned money on attending a retreat, then you have no pulse.

Oh, yeah, and the Duke has long hair and it took me three hours to figure out that it was him in the flesh.

Oh, yeah, and praise and worship time lead by Rabbi Moshe followed by his teaching on the basic principles of patriarchy would have been worth the investment by itself.

The separate times for men and women only discussions were wonderful as well. Each of the sexes benefitted from having candid discussions without having to filter or hold back any questions that don't come out in a group setting.

There are many more things, but I do want to end by saying that the two wifes that hosted the retreat are both wonderful Godly women who opened their homes and lives and pantries to serve the Lord in ministry to all of us this weekend and we were truly blessed by them. We pray that God will bless the both of you in fullness.

More later...

This has been a miracle retreat for me. I am usually so exhausted by Monday morning that I can barely walk around. I asked the Lord this year to help me pace myself better this year so that would not happen and that I would delegate more things to others. Well, I am HAPPY to say that I was not exhausted Monday and even got to go for an exciting boat ride that afternoon. :) Sometimes I think that God is a bit too busy for me and my small stuff but I am so blessed that he helped me do good things for myself to make this year's retreat so successful. Thank you to all that helped out so much in my home to make this retreat a success! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I was, as always, totally blessed by meeting new families and seeing old families, again.

Julieb

It is always great to hear such wonderful reports as these. Julib, I know you did a great job hosting this event and Chaplains Rose and I wished we could have been there. The Lord is always working and I know he blessed y'all as he did the meeting we had with daPastor, lissa and "T".

Shalom/Peace/Wholeness to all our new friends and mishpacha/family,

Rivkah and I just want to let everyone know what a blessing it was to be with you ALL.

First and foremost, because we need friends after the Messianics and others we knew gave us the right foot of fellowship:) Also, because we learned so much about how to approach plural marriage in the future when YHWH provides someone for us. Thanks to this fantastic and yet relaxing weekend, we have learned to avoid about 191 mistakes that we made the first time! Additionally, we saw others called as we were and we saw we were not alone in this great calling back to being fed the full heritage of Jacob our father through Messiah Yahshua.

Also, we finally found plural families that actually treat each other in love like Messiah and are not fighting and trying to destroy each other over such issues as territorialism, space and uncalled for jealousy. The families that are currently living plural, with great modesty and joy in Messiah’s forbearance and love, were GREAT examples to us and have given us the impetus to move forward in YHWH’s calling upon our lives.

I want to thank Nathan, Julie and Nita Bender for being precious and “real people hosts” and for their HARD work, along with the plural families headed by Don, Nathaniel and Nathan (great witnesses to us), along with Doc and all the other valiant men and women, who are not afraid of following YHWH’s will.

We have returned safely, with renewed vigor and understanding, thanks to each and every one of you!

Shalom, Shalom,

Sholiach/Apostle Rabbi/Teacher Moshe Yoseph Koniuchowsky

Listen to the YATI Radio Network, the only true Name 24/7 radio network.
http://www.yatiradionetwork.com
http://www.yourarmstoisrael.org

:D

Shalom Doc, I agree. Couldn't have said it any better. Its amazing how when we keep Yahshua center, all backgrounds and minor things fall away. I m honored to know a Pastor who actually stands for plural marriage. Shalom
rm

Thank you for your kind words Paul. Seems like we are all still fired up! I may add, perhaps the greatest favor Yahshua showed us all, was when He spared your son from a potential tragedy in the pool by your quick reflexes. Praise be to YHWH. Thanks for you and your wife, who also impressed me by her desires to use any plural marriage to become more selfless and more like Messiah. That REALLY stuck with me. I never had met a saved woman seeing poly that way!!!! Shalom
rm

Thank you Julie for all your vision and support, both of the retreat and also your husband's ministry. Being there and being supportive like you and Nita are is 90% of the call. Thanks for your due diligence, in all matters of the ministry, that YHWH has given you!!!

We had a lot of fun, thanks for hosting it, I know it was a-lot of work. While we were driving back the girls were wanting to go back to the retreat, Karina kept pointing behind her saying she needed her friends. It was funny.. Hope you all have a nice peaceful week. This weekend we are staying in town and relaxing.
Blessings,
Cubanito & Family

Back