• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2017 Summer Family Retreat and Conference, June 30th-July 3rd, Tennessee Mountains

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
This is our big event of the year, as always. We had a great time last summer, and expect an even bigger group this year.

We have a great location reserved, and we are looking forward to enjoying each other's fellowship with a lot of family time, just as with the last 3 summer retreats. You will have camping, hotel, and cabin-like (sleeps 8) options to choose from. If you only make time for one getaway this year, make it this one - the fellowship with other plural and plural-friendly families is worth the time and cost. Put it on your calendar now, and we will open registration soon. Many of us will stay over July 4th as well, just to continue our time together.
You can go ahead and drop us an email now and let us know that you are interested in getting the details:

Follow the newsletter for more details, if you haven't seen yours, you can check them out in the archive here.

To say it's "life-changing" may be slightly hyperbolic, but only slightly, if any. We've been to two summer retreats and have come away from both refreshed and inspired and with new friendships around the country (and around the world, right, Samuel? ;)). Come see for yourself!

I've been to two retreats also, travelling all the way from New Zealand for them. It's been worth every cent spent on travel, I only wish it was practical for me to take the family with me.

The first time I learnt that Nathan was a sensible Godly man and not a weird womanising cultist, the second time I learnt the same about Andrew! :D

Whenever I am facing a difficult scriptural or life issue, the men top of my list to talk to are men I have met at these retreats. My understanding of scripture and how to live for God has been greatly improved in many areas, mostly unrelated to marriage to be honest, through the fellowship I have had with Godly men and women from a wide range of denominational backgrounds whom I have met at these retreats. Biblical Families is a melting-pot where YHWH has taken some of the most deep-thinking people from all walks of life, and thrown us together by giving us a passion for one of the few issues guaranteed to get us isolated from the fellowship we have had in the past and pushed to talk to people we would have never met if we'd just sat on our comfortable pews. I honestly feel that plural marriage is only one reason for this ministry to exist, and not the most important reason. The most important reason is to get deep-thinking members of the Body of Christ in touch with each other, to fellowship in true unity - choosing to live and act as brothers and sisters despite our differences, and be able to deeply discuss any issue without breaking that unity, rather than hiding in our safe little churches where we only fellowship with people we agree with while avoiding discussing anything that might upset anyone. Through this ministry, YHWH is building the solid core of His Church. The fact that a few of the families in that core are polygamous is a very minor side-note.

So definitely life-changing. Go to this retreat.

I've been to two retreats and was blown away both times. You really should try to make it. We hope to be there.

Seriously, the ONLY family vacations that I have scheduled for some years have been the retreats. In fact, this is the only time of the year that my family can count on the fact that I will for sure be with them.
They have been the highlights of our year.

Psalm 133:1 (KJV)
[[A Song of degrees of David.]] Behold, how good and how pleasant [it is] for brethren to dwell together in unity!

We dwell together for a short time, but we dwell deeply.

Hoping to be there. Just saw the post about Phoenix. Too bad not enough interest. Trying to work out my schedule to be at the Tennessee retreat and looking forward to it!

Understanding, presumably, not wanted to reveal the location at this time, which airport should we be looking at?

Knoxville Airport will be your closest.

We're stoked! We've started rehearsing the band and working on some new songs, which puts everybody in a "can't wait until the retreat gets here" mood. Not gonna have Kurt this time (boo!) due to other plans, and Paul's a 'definite maybe', so the music will have a little different texture this time, but watch for Hannah, who is coming on strong as a vocalist and songwriter. Anybody know for sure they're coming at this point?

Would LOVE to see you and your bride again (and meet some of the kiddos if you can swing that)!

I'm sooooo jealous!!!!!! Ok ... do not covet your fellows' retreats...
Wish we could come and meet you guys there. Praise G-d for the friendships that will be made and strengthening of this just cause.

I'm sooooo jealous!!!!!! Ok ... do not covet your fellows' retreats...
I know, right?

Well, it looks like i won't be able to make it out this year either. Money's just too tight right now. I even have to tell my brother i can't go to a shindig he invited me to either. Next year, right? Yeah, said that last year. It happens when it happens.

Good luck all. Enjoy. be blessed. Be edified (inside joke).

Back