• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2017 Summer Family Retreat and Conference, June 30th-July 3rd, Tennessee Mountains

Ok still mulling this over; I have a very important question.
For those of us coming from outside the country who don't have a cell phone plan in the US (sprint, at&t etc), do you know if there is reliable wifi at the retreat site?

Sorry if this was posted somewhere I did a quick search for "wifi" on these pages.

I know part of the beauty of retreats is getting away from technology and such but for me
**if** I come I absolutely must be able to have video chat capability with my 3 year old.
We are inseparable. Even our 4 month old can freak out with "abba abba abba" ("daddy" in Heberw) if I she sees me walk out of a room.

Thanks!

The venue does have wi-fi in the two main buildings, though I'm not sure how strong.

The venue does have wi-fi in the two main buildings, though I'm not sure how strong.
thanks. Any idea hours of availability? time zone issues

IIRC, the wifi is strongest in the loft room of the main meeting building, and access is 24hrs. At least that was the situation three years ago.

I think this year it's at the same place that Samuel went to. He managed to do video chat with me and the kids but it did keep pausing and cutting out. In the end he just sent me videos that I let the kids watch and wrote messages to me. It might have been the phone he had though which wasn't fantastic at the time.

:DThe wife and I day dream often of moving to Tennessee actually. However, I'm a northwest born and raised hick from the sticks country boy mountain man through and through... and don't see us leaving unless The Lord makes me... soooooooo... I think it's overdue to have a family retreat in the northwest area somewhere? ... It seems there are plenty of us northwesterners to justify us have a turn? :cool:

IIRC, there are usually regional gatherings. I think we skipped a couple last year because of some problems behind the curtain getting worked out and wrinkles getting ironed. When i first joined, i was invited to a small gathering up in NorCal, but wasn't able to make it.

Truth be told, the population out west is pretty sparse, and we've tried to mount a couple of retreats over the past couple of years that haven't made for lack of interest (meaning basically for lack of enough people within a certain travel radius of any particular city). Most recent attempt would have been in Phoenix this past April, but no go. We'll keep trying, though!

Every year the wife and I hope to go to a retreat, but of course finances are the biggest hindrance... Truth be told we'd love to travel far and get away from home, making it more of an actual vaca! ... We are praying and hopeful that we can set aside the finances to make it next year or the year after!

I appreciate your efforts and this ministry Andrew... blessings to you and yours!

I appreciate your efforts and this ministry Andrew... blessings to you and yours!
You're very welcome and backatcha with the blessings, :) but I want to also recognize Nathan and Ron, who you don't see as much here on the board but are very busy on the ground or on the phone, as well as Samuel, who does an incredible job moderating this forum. Many hands make light work! :cool:

OK I've been praying and thinking.
I love my kids tremendously; sometimes I go on overnight trips to give a sermon at a far away congregation and it's very very hard for me and for them to be separate from each other even for 1 night; this retreat I need to add 2 days just for travel time back and forth from the Philippines.
I won't risk being away for several days (2 days lost just for international travel) and not be 100% sure I can video chat a few times a day with my girls.

Maybe I'm a wuss but I won't be disconnected from them for that long; I was very excited about the possibility of going.
I even found airfare for under $1400 which is pretty fantastic with such short notice on decent airlines.

I think I'll wait a year and see if any of you become my friend or if I can bring the wives some how next year.
If we all lived in the states, we'd be there every time.
If anyone is on the edge thinking to go or not; it's rare to find fellowship with P.M. minded people and if you are in the states where travel is cheaaaap I think you
should at least go for the weekend.

If the L-rd sends me a clear dream counter to my decision, I will change my mind and attend.

G-d bless and have a great time and praise His holy name!

IshChayil, understand. We look forward to a possible visit in the future. Please pray for retreat whenever you think of us. It usually involves a certain amount of spiritual warfare against those who decide to come. Prayers much appreciated!

Have invoices gone out Julie? I haven't gotten one but then you had to help me register because I couldn't figure out the form so did mine go to the special needs folder?

@ZecAustin , I am soooo hoping to get those out in a few days. Life full right now. :)

Was all set for Phoenix, but it fell through. :(

Tennessee is a bit far for us. With kids, it's expensive to travel. With kids, it's hard to find reliable babysitters if Mrs. Mojo and I went as a couple.

Maybe next year.

Back