• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2018 Summer Retreat & Conference News

andrew

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Progress: We have tentatively established August 2-5 as the dates for the 2018 national/summer retreat! This is the big one, and if you can make one retreat this year, try to make this one. You will not regret it. Go ahead and pencil these dates in on your calendar if you don't already have plans you can't get out of. ;)

Steps ahead: We are working on nailing down a location, and that's why I said "tentatively" on the dates. Our intention is to find a suitable location for that weekend, but there is always a possibility that we will have problems finding a place that really meets our needs on the dates we want. Please pray that God would direct our research to the place he wants us to use.

Further bulletins as events warrant.

What state will it be in and what days I can help find a great retreat ground for affordable or cheap price

Working on that now. Letting @nathan and @julieb know you're volunteering by tagging them here. We are specifically looking farther west than TN or NC, so if you know what's going on on the ground in MO, OK, AR, say, then I'm sure they'd love to hear from you. Write retreats AT biblical families DOT org to contact them directly.

MO would be great (as well as catching up with the Richardses)! But anywhere from SW MO down through eastern OK and northern AR is fair game. And not just James A, but anyone who knows of a cool place in that region please forward that information to the email address above or just post it here. We appreciate all the help we can get! :cool:

I have some family checking outs some spots in Missouri and Arkansas. The In-laws are checking on that camp ground we use to live by on the Missouri/Arkansas border. Also I have family checking out the Kentucky area.

There's this guy in Kentucky I'd like to meet.... :cool:

Checking out a place that is nestled in 340 acres Hiking sports and a place to swim on the property and it can hold 300 to 350 people I find out tomorrow will get back with more info

There's this lady in Kentucky I'd like to meet......wait she'll be at the Georgia retreat:) meeting @aineo would be a bonus.

Retreat grounds I was looking at seem they won't be available will keep informed

Thanks, James!

Progress: We have tentatively established August 2-5 as the dates for the 2018 national/summer retreat! This is the big one, and if you can make one retreat this year, try to make this one. You will not regret it. Go ahead and pencil these dates in on your calendar if you don't already have plans you can't get out of. ;)

Steps ahead: We are working on nailing down a location, and that's why I said "tentatively" on the dates. Our intention is to find a suitable location for that weekend, but there is always a possibility that we will have problems finding a place that really meets our needs on the dates we want. Please pray that God would direct our research to the place he wants us to use.

Further bulletins as events warrant.
Will be there, Lord willing.

Just sent Nathan and Julie a message as we live smack dab in the area where you’re looking (corner of AR, MO, OK)!

Okay, folks, we are in full summer retreat planning mode at this time (having the Georgia, Ladies, and Tucson retreats all behind us). Everything is a big jumbled up mess of connected dependencies (date depends on location availability depends on number attending depends on date and location—you get the idea), and it would really help if those who are planning to attend (unless something else Really Important pre-empts it between now and then) and seriously considering attending (depending on location, price, other time commitments, etc) would go ahead and weigh in here to let us know what you're thinking so we can generate a tentative head count to help with planning, specifically nailing down the location.

I'll go first. Unless God takes us sooner, my family will be there with a group of at least 8 and possibly as many as 13-14. Who's next? :cool:

NB - If you know now that you cannot attend, please let us know that, too. That will help us tighten the range of the number of potential attendees.

Ok we have money set aside burried in a safe with 5 vicious Rabid Chihuahuas guarding it....Ok no Chihuahuas or burried safe but I do have funds set aside so count us 5 in for sure possible another 4, but they're iffie. We can do any location, any time.

We will be there.
4ish

Waiting to hear location and weigh against calendar. I need to be self employed with more funds....

Back