• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A Day In The Life Of - Sarah

Let me make something really clear: It's not easy, but it's worth it.
Like plural marriage.
Every day is an effort, every day is a trial, and every day is full of smiles and hugs. And at the end of the day you know that no matter how your day went, all the children are fed and clean and soundly sleeping, and you did what YHWH asked of you, to look after and raise His children.

Thank you so much for sharing! My kids and I also keep Sabbath here at home. I'm still learning how to make it work for us, and it has been hard without my husband enjoying Sabbath with us.
We also homeschool. We love it!
I've never heard of pumpkin soup, but that sounds yummy! I would love to know how to make it.

If this would have been my life with that many children and homeschooling, I would have been on board with a sisterwife after three kids. LOL

No. Well, maybe some do, but none I know. And there's the little ones too, you can never really have a break from them.

Lol, that was my thought after 3 kids as well! We've expanded so much now that we've sort of run out of room to put anyone now, unless she wants to bunk with the kids ha ha!
Our third was about 4 months old when we started studying, and accepting polygyny.....seems like there is a pattern here!
I think that what happens is the mum of three realizes on a subconscious level that the children now outnumber the adults in the family, and another child is not really going to help her keep track of the three she has and keep them out of trouble. (Search the word "Apricots" on the forum here for a true example of what could happen when a mom of three takes a nap with the baby.)

In a busy big family the mom may at times feel like the most blessed woman on earth to have the family she does, and other days feel like she may actually want a sisterwife because misery likes company. Women have cycles and are not the same every day. Some weeks are harder then others...some seasons too. Just imagine a bunch of coughing kids with noses that need wiped every 3 seconds, or a week with a stomach bug making everyone's best friend their barf bowl.

Our family has grown over the years, our house has not. Our oldest two are out in the guest house now. If we ever have another woman interested in being part of the family we will figure out the living arrangements.
I'd be just fine slumber partying with my girls some of the time....or letting the other gal and hubby get away from all of us for some bonding time away from curious eyes. Kids don't miss anything when dad is getting to know a girlfriend! It's a whole new world and probably worse then siblings!

Thanks for sharing Sarah. I may live in a different country and climate but being a wife, experiencing home life with children, and scratch cooking has aspects that are the same no matter what part of the world we call home. It was lovely visiting your house for that day. :)

Last edited:
I've never heard of pumpkin soup, but that sounds yummy! I would love to know how to make it
Uh, like a recipe? I'm pretty useless at following those, lol! A little bit of this and a little bit of that....
Basically: get pumpkin, I normally use crown because it's cheap, but I'll also throw in a butternut because it gives a really nice flavour in there. Chop it up and put it in the pot along with onions, garlic, carrots, maybe some spuds, and possibly whatever other root vegetables you have lying around (kumara {sweet potato}, parsnip etc). Just cover with water. Add chicken stock powder and a little curry powder. Stick on the coal range for the afternoon until it's done, lol, or boil it all until it's all soft, then take off the heat and whizz with a stick blender. Recipe can be adjusted according to how many people it needs to feed :). Serve with toast or just plain bread, and grated cheese to swirl into it upon serving.

Our third was about 4 months old when we started studying, and accepting polygyny.....seems like there is a pattern here!
Lol!
Just imagine a bunch of coughing kids with noses that need wiped every 3 seconds, or a week with a stomach bug making everyone's best friend their barf bowl.
Or 7 kids with whooping cough who vomit every single time they cough, all day and allllll night....
Our oldest two are out in the guest house now. If we ever have another woman interested in being part of the family we will figure out the living arrangements.
Yip, our oldest two are out in the guest room/sleepout now too because we needed the room. I figure if she came along now then we'd find room, I mean YHWH would sort it out right? Even a caravan or a little container house or something. Her and I could switch or Samuel could go from room to room, whatever. But, the reality is that I don't think that she will come until we have more rooms sorted out, because I'm pretty sure that's what YHWH has in mind. It will all happen when it happens and there's no point worrying anyway.

Kiwi, you are adorable! Having seen your tribe in motion on Skype, I am imagining each scenario. Thanks for sharing, girl. And, there is true wisdom in the "it will happen when it does" approach. Until then, as one very wise man who used to be a boxing promoter says, metaphorically of course, "Keep punchin'!"

Back