• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A Few Historical References

I maintain that they will, in His time, do just that. "The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdom of our God and of His Christ."
Just because we don't see this reality presently, does not mean that each day isn't bringing us closer to this blessed time.

Latter day "Mystery Babylon the great" is called a mystery for good cause. Scripture tells us she rules over the kings (plural) of the earth. I believe this disqualifies any one recognized nation as being Mystery Babylon, and points to the money interests of the world, who control from behind the scene ALL nations. The current mess is just them using one nation, who's government has already been subverted, (the usa) to overthrow and restructure other nations, under the IMF.
We still fit the description in Ezekiel of the end time land of Israel that gets invaded in the gog magog battle. He told us through Micah that we would go, even to Babylon, and there be delivered.
I don't care if they do use nukes. The promise that "No weapon formed against you will prosper" was spoken to the children of Israel, and he says many nations are gathered against her, in the end times, but He is for her.
In case you missed it, there have been changes in labels/titles/names. Before the time of Christ some of the Edomites came to be called Jews (see the Jewish encyclopedia entry on Edom Edomite) then Jesus came and called the real Israelites into the new covenant, where no matter which tribe they were from they were united under Him, and called by the new name, that was not given in the prophesies, but that the mouth of The Lord would name.
Either God was and is impotent, and was unable to establish that covenant with the people He said he would establish it with, and Jesus sent his disciples on a fool's errend to be rejected by the lost sheep, but accepted by non Israelite "Gentiles," or God's chosen servant people the Israelites followed Him, and are called Christian today.

Changing a label on something does nothing to change the substance that is under the label. So there are now Jews, who call themselves Jews and are not, and Christian Israelites that don't realize who they are, and are confused about who's who in the world today.

Calling this "Replacement theology" is to claim that changing a label, changes the contents. It also requires denying much prophesy, and obvious history, and fails to aknowlege the heritage of those descended from the Israelites of both houses that did follow Jesus.

What Andrew said recently on the thread about law, commands, or instrution? is spot on, and explains to me why people reject this comprehensive, and scripturally sound view, when they don't have any scripture or prophesy against it. Here it is

"When we can say stuff like "A & B are not really making sense but that doesn't mean they're wrong" and "C & D are making more sense but that doesn't mean they're right", then that's what I'm talking about. Due to confirmation bias, we spend the lion's share of our time trying to fit new facts and arguments into what we already believe, and little or no time rethinking our complete worldview just because somebody on the other side of the aisle said something that doesn't quite fit. Just the way it is."

Some have just already laid a foundation, and accepted as facts, the identity labels that the bulk of Christianity uses, without checking the definitions, or terms for accuracy.

You and others on this forum who think America is not Babylon should read this:
https://escapeallthesethings.com/america-mystery-babylon-great/

For the record, I don't think that America is Babylon. Mystery Babylon was always a city. Not always the capitol city but always the city that controlled or facilitated the trade goods of the world. If you read the descriptions of Mystery
Babylon in Revelations, it appears to me to be a stock market that makes the kings and merchants of the world rich. Could it be more than just the big apple? Maybe. If it is, my thinking is that it would follow the locations of the FRe serve. Zechariah sees a vision of a woman sealed in an ephah who is being taken to Shinar. The ephah was always a symbol of trade because thats what carried the goods to far away places. Shinar is another name for Babylon but is sometimes used to refer back to Babel or the land of the tower (singular). Was the towers being replaced by one coincidence? Me thinks not.

I'm just going to throw this out there and hopefully it sticks to something. @sun this is not directed to you, personally, but you are one of a few people who do this.

I keep seeing multiple versions of this whole "X is Babylon" thing thrown around. It crops up in the most interesting places and has a tendency to derail/side-track/digress whatever conversation is going on at the time. Maybe we can devote an entire Forum category to this subject (in the Off-Topic arena, maybe) and then each "X" gets their own thread on why they believe America (esp. the U.S.A.), the Monetary System, Wal-Mart or the Nairobian Pirate Coalition is the upcoming Mystery of Babylon. There are many topics that are just so deep, with multiple rabbit trails to follow, that it's impossible to give one's viewpoint the proper attention it's due in a drive-by post.

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I'm just going to throw this out there and hopefully it sticks to something. @sun this is not directed to you, personally, but you are one of a few people who do this.

I keep seeing multiple versions of this whole "X is Babylon" thing thrown around. It crops up in the most interesting places and has a tendency to derail/side-track/digress whatever conversation is going on at the time. Maybe we can devote an entire Forum category to this subject (in the Off-Topic arena, maybe) and then each "X" gets their own thread on why they believe America (esp. the U.S.A.), the Monetary System, Wal-Mart or the Nairobian Pirate Coalition is the upcoming Mystery of Babylon. There are many topics that are just so deep, with multiple rabbit trails to follow, that it's impossible to give one's viewpoint the proper attention it's due in a drive-by post.

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
I agree, and wasn't trying to be personal either, but my smarmy side comes out from time to time.

Back