• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A little update on me and the fam!

Revgill87123

Male
Well it was a real pain trying to find a place in Albuquerque so we ended up moving right outside of town to a little town called Laguna out side of the indian rez. I am so glad we did! We got a 5BDR house for $550 a month rent to own with like 3acres of land. There is also a lot of work around as well as the Pueblo people out here are so awsome! We are even in talks of building a plural family church, get this with the approval of the Sheriff! It is only him and two Deputies out here who are also police for the rez as well. We are loving it as well lots to see and do and every thing is on the rez (walmart,grocery and so forth so no tax!) I am so glad we moved out here. If any one is looking for a cheap place to live with good amounts of work this is the place! Also if any one wants to talk or needs any thing give me a call 24hrs a day at 505-348-6065. I am still a pastor and always on call,lol, always! If you can't tell I am not online much any more. So fell free to call or text. Rev Gill :D

Rev & Family,

That is truly awesome! Although, I can't believe the Sheriffs are cool with the pm thing? Doesn't this scare you a little?

Michelle

No cause they are pueblo cops. They are very relaxed on laws in Laguna. It is considered part of the rez but any one can live there so you are in rez jurisdiction not state there are a few plural families from what they say. Their theory is, you don't make trouble for them and they could care less what you do. I know many people are used too regular police rez police aren't any thing like regular police. They have laws that govern the land and not so much the people.

lutherangirl said:
Rev & Family,
That is truly awesome! Although, I can't believe the Sheriffs are cool with the pm thing? Doesn't this scare you a little?

Michelle

Police: Was that way in Oregon, too. Had a man with 4 wives and a girlfriend 2 doors down in town for a while. The police said, "Sure. We know who you are and what;s going on at your place. We don't care. Don't make trouble, we won't bother you. We have to come out for domestic disturbance or whatever, we'll treat y'all just like anyone else.

They did, too. Thankfully, didn't have to, much. *wry grin*

Oh, and no rez. Fishing and logging country.

Anyway, congratulations, RevGill. Sounds nice.

Thanks bro! It's beautiful out here. I told them I had 20 poly families coming out here,lol. They said it would be a nice change,lol. I think people are willing to accept plural families out here cause it is the norm in places where I live. If you don't act like FLDS every one out here are pretty cool. I also told the other plural families out here they should check this site out. Hopefully they will!

CecilW said:
Police: Was that way in Oregon, too. Had a man with 4 wives and a girlfriend 2 doors down in town for a while. The police said, "Sure. We know who you are and what;s going on at your place. We don't care. Don't make trouble, we won't bother you. We have to come out for domestic disturbance or whatever, we'll treat y'all just like anyone else.

They did, too. Thankfully, didn't have to, much. *wry grin*

Oh, and no rez. Fishing and logging country.

Anyway, congratulations, RevGill. Sounds nice.

Gill

Been missing you on here, brother. I wish you could have made it to Springfield.

Blessings

Me too Doc I am trying to make it too a retreat real soon! That was horrible time for a move. However God has a reason for every thing. I am understanding why now. I found out a church out in Albuquerque has declaired war on us for using holy hiphop to draw in teens to our ministry. It's cool though even with the negative press it has actually brought us more people who back us up, regardless of our beliefs. Like I told the press out here I am half Tongan and we don't give up that easily! We know God is on our side! One day every thing will come too pass and we will be financially good enough too travel around and speak the real word of our Lord and Saviour! Untill then we will just keep believing we have favor, and the Lord will lead and guide us in his ministry! Rev Gill :D

Back