• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A Wretched Video on Polygamy

PeteR

Staff member
Real Person
Male
Kicking the bees' nest... Please like and watch the comments... Kicking over another biggie tomorrow... Stay tuned...

Thanks for the link, Pete. It's disappointing a man like Todd would be appealing to the feminazi and his culture for support in his campaign against something God blesses. Since God doesn't speak against polygyny but even gives commands for it, who does Todd Friel think he is to speak against it? Has he set himself up as lawgiver and judge in opposition to the One true God who is Lawgiver and Judge? James 4:12, There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

While disappointing, I can’t say it’s surprising to hear Todd make the argument that he did.

If anyone should understand that a man cannot claim to hold the position of sola scriptura and at the same time argue against something that Scripture supports, using the human arguments of a God hating culture, it should be Todd. Blind spot much, Todd?

Having discussed this topic with pastors and watched many discussions with pastors, it seems to boil down to a desire to be accepted by men (or more accurately, their wives). They would never admit that and may not even realize that is why they are holding to their disproven position. I believe it is because they have a fear of being rejected by people on a subconscious level. However, it is inexcusable for someone who knows the Bible as well as Todd, to make the argument he did. It’s shameful.

In reference to the Wretched dude…

Proverbs 28:4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.

1st thought is I love the music! :)

Not you Pete, but that man in the video? I recoil at men who take on a false mantle of authority and then patronize the people they talk to/at.

I also find it disingenuous that so many preachers like this will affect a southern (US) accent as if that's required for them to be taken seriously. It's so fake.

There is nothing that you said that I disagree with.

Finally got a chance to finish it. I love the way you go point by point and counter with scripture. For those determined to hang onto the monogamy idol no amount of scripture or truth will matter, but this kind of video stands a good chance of reaching the sincere.

Great job! The choir appreciates the preaching!! :)

Finally got a chance to finish it. I love the way you go point by point and counter with scripture. For those determined to hang onto the monogamy idol no amount of scripture or truth will matter, but this kind of video stands a good chance of reaching the sincere.

Great job! The choir appreciates the preaching!! :)
Thank you. I hope to do more of these as well as hitting other topics.

Back