• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

rustysdove11

Real Person
Female
so I was having a really good day, I went grocery shopping with the kids and everybody lived, I scored pretty big at the goodwill, I was even far enough under budget with the groceries that I splurged on a coffee. Everything was awesome! But then... I got home (insert spooky voice)! I was trying valiantly to put the food away when The two year old became obsessed with drinking my heavy cream and, of course, spilled it. While I was cleaning that, my 8 year old thought that throwing our new bag of salt at her brother was a "good idea", except, the bag EXPLODED! And while that was being cleaned the two year old
gets into the blue berries and, yep, spilled them as well! So while THAT was being cleaned the two year old grabbed my deodorant and managed to crumble it ALL OVER the livingroom carpet and use my brush to grind it in.... you know, for good measure!!! Of course there was a couple poopy diapers thrown in there, the baby needed to nurse and the kids picked that moment to ask for a "snack"... and, no, the food STILL wasn't put away! Anywho, by this point I'm about to explode (like the bag of salt.) So I go to my room, close the door and start praying, because I'm about to do something that I know I'll regret. all of a sudden, I was given a peace and a realization that it's just a lot of small, silly stuff and it's not worth stressing over. At least I have a good reason why dinner won't be done when hubby gets home from work.

So, I'm just sitting down because my day has turned to pot and I have zero chance of getting anything done, and this is just what I needed to have a good laugh! At least my day isn't as bad as that! I have had some days like that though, boy do I have some stories to tell.
You could always get hubby to bring dinner home with him, that's what I tend to do on days like that if he's out.

Back when I only had three, I took a nap with the baby. When I was tucking the kids in that night I noticed a ripe apricot in their bedroom, and reminded them they were NOT supposed to have any food in that nice carpeted bedroom. Then I looked around, and there were apricots everywhere! While I was sleeping those boys had a ball throwing ripe apricots into the running ceiling fan. They were splattered on the fan blades, the walls, the bunk beds, the blinds. They were on the carpet and under the blankets, and we spent probably an hour and a half cleaning up the mess.

I'm going to tell that story to their girlfriends, if not at their weddings, just to warn their partners about the kind of shenanigans they can look forward to.

You are so right though, in hindsight it's all small insignificant stuff not worth getting too fussed up about, though it's easy to stress in the moment. Laugh about it with Rusty when he gets home.
Thanks for sharing your chaos.

Haha, I love that! I can't wait to tell all those stories too! I've actually thought about making a book with all those moments to display at their weddings.... though most of the stories will be about my girls.

My daughter used to get into my makeup and one day she found some bright red lipstick (don't ask me where she got it because I don't wear lipstick), she of course painted herself and the entire bathroom..... that was the day I found out that lipstick doesn't wash off... and it turned the bathtub pink. :rolleyes:

It's amazing how much dish soap it takes to clean butter off of little hands, legs, floor and table too! And only a toddler's mom would believe how fast they can spread it around!

Our oldest, when we had no pets, found some cocker spaniel turds left behind by my sister's dog....and decided to use them for teething chews. My hubby about barfed, cause a cute little kid with dog poo breath was toooo much!
Toddler in used motor oil means the clothes are beyond any hope of salvage.

The equivalent of this for men is why an older man, with a family, is a smart choice for a woman wanting a good husband.

I think about how much my hubby has learned over the years, and how much he has grown, and how able he is now to roll with the stuff life throws at us, and I think there is much to be said for maturity and life experience. And mom's like us have that going for us too.

Toddler in used motor oil means the clothes are beyond any hope of salvage.

I had one of the kids get cooking oil all over his jeans. So I just put the jeans in the cooking oil so the color was all over them, boiled them to get the oil out, and now they're fine. They look weird but he can still wear them!

My twins (who shared a crib) would both take their pjs and diapers off first thing in the morning, and paint with their poo. It would get EVERYWHERE.
They did it a few times so we thought we'd outsmart them by turning their footy pjs around and making them wear them backwards so they couldn't reach the zippers.
And then they outsmarted US by unzipping each OTHER'S pjs!!
So, that's when we wrapped duct tape around them. And that solved that problem. ;)

Back