• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Accelerating changes in society prompting a new look at plural marriage?

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
This ground has been covered before, but it seems to me 2017 has it's own craziness, that just might be contributing. What do you think? Is the instability we see around us worsening, and has that possibly led to more Christians being open to plural marriage? (Something we see here at BF, and other ministries have noted as well.)

Well I have a Prepper/homesteading themed YouTube channel so obviously I think the instability is increasing.

There is a definite sense in the air that society as constituted is not working and things are not in control.

I think this leads everyone to retrench and rethink everything, especially young secular people who will begin to examine Islam as a viable option soon. They already are. Biblical family structure will be the only viable alternative for what is viewed as failed "christianity".

We have to get more vocal that there is an option other than Islam and increased secularization. I do believe people are ready for a radical change, but they don't want a retooled version of what they already have.

I have felt the same, Zec. People know the system is sick, and need leaders to rise up. We are working on it. Btw, I would be interested in watching your prepped vids, if you wouldn't mind sending me a link.

Sadly, I think that toleration is floating merrily on the "we don't need no stinkin standards" wave.
We are losing a liveable society at a rapid rate, but hopefully that will awaken people of character who are looking for something real as opposed to, as Zec says, a reboot.

Zec's channel is "The Revolting Man"... I watch his stuff religiously and have a man crush for sure! ... keep up the good work Zec! (Insert knuckle love emoji here)

The world we live in is getting crazier by the day... I will not be "of it"! ... "As for me and my house, we will serve The Lord!"

#homeschoolersforlife :cool::cross:

Zec's channel is "The Revolting Man"... I watch his stuff religiously and have a man crush for sure! ... keep up the good work Zec! (Insert knuckle love emoji here)

The world we live in is getting crazier by the day... I will not be "of it"! ... "As for me and my house, we will serve The Lord!"

#homeschoolersforlife :cool::cross:

Lol, is a man crush the same thing as a bromance?

Last edited:
I have felt the same, Zec. People know the system is sick, and need leaders to rise up. We are working on it. Btw, I would be interested in watching your prepped vids, if you wouldn't mind sending me a link.

It should be YouTube.com/therevoltingman but I can't get my phone to go to the public page so I can copy and paste the link. If you search The Revolting Man on YouTube though it should be the first channel to come up.

Here's the link to Zec's channel. He's doing a great work over there; excellent resource for anyone interested in the subject matter. (Excellent resource for anyone, period. If you're not interested, you should be.)

Lol, is a man crush the same thing as a romance?

A "romance"? ... I mean, your man-mane is extravagant, but I have self control sir! :D

Truly though bro... your work on YouTube is a good ministry for men that are striving to be protectors, providers, and prepared! I pray a blessing upon you and your big family my fellow Patriarch!

A "romance"? ... I mean, your man-mane is extravagant, but I have self control sir! :D

Truly though bro... your work on YouTube is a good ministry for men that are striving to be protectors, providers, and prepared! I pray a blessing upon you and your big family my fellow Patriarch!

Apparently my auto correct doesn't like "bromance". I apologize for the gender confusion.

Here's the link to Zec's channel. He's doing a great work over there; excellent resource for anyone interested in the subject matter. (Excellent resource for anyone, period. If you're not interested, you should be.)

The hardest part about the channel is when people you admire find out about it. You kind of wince and look away hoping they don't! Especially since Andrew said the right word at the right time that really kept doing it when I was losing interest . So hearing you say that is a big relief and encouragement Andrew.Thank you!

For me it was craziness that mostly started in 2016 (which I affectionately refer to as my "Year of the Red-Pilling") but its definitely carried over into 2017. Yeah, things are changing fast. Zec, I may have to start thinking about this whole "prepper" thing.

But on topic, to demonstrate the kind of traction these ideas are starting to gain: I just came across a recent (only two months ago) letter response from CMI (Creation Ministries International) regarding polygamy. Although it takes the anti-poly approach, there are at least four individuals arguing for it in the comments. To avoid derailing this thread, I posted a new thread about it.

Rusty, you get a like for that hashtag (I was homeschooled, and if I ever do marry and have kids, I will certainly homeschool them).
#homeschoolersforlife

The serious seekers of knowledge will hear me out just simply because of my (mostly :rolleyes: good) reputation.

Most of the time I get the "wait, are you thinking of becoming a Mormon?" reaction. :mad:

I think that is the biggest challenge, unless someone interested in hearing it simply as a "personal choice" matter.

If you look at the history of revival globally, whether it is Evangelical, Pentecostal, Charismatic, or a combination thereof, there is always at least one dysfunctional social construct which is at least profoundly challenged, and craziness is the crucible in which that powerful push back is forged. Just after the Revolutionary War, it was drunkenness and debt, which the Great Awakening challenged. The Second Great Awakening went after slavery, the Welsh Revival, drunkenness, debt and out-of-wedlock births. Azuza Street challenged Jim Crow, as did Billy Graham's early days when he insisted on blacks and whites being able to sit where they wanted to while he preached. Hebrides and Latter Rain went after drunkenness and crime, manifestly defied cessationism as well as "strongly emphasized relational networks over organizational structure." The last statement is what I see us trying to work toward in this new era in Bib Fam. Jesus People went after drugs, materialism, sexual promiscuity, racism and rebellion. To me, this is the perfect time for "seven women shall take a hold of one man" and the guys need concerted prayer as they hammer out what leadership is going to look like.

Ali, thats such a good post! I had to more than like it. I agree wholeheartedly that us men do need prayers. There is a big difference in functioning in leadership versus functioning well in leadership.

Ali, thats such a good post! I had to more than like it. I agree wholeheartedly that us men do need prayers. There is a big difference in functioning in leadership versus functioning well in leadership.
Tanx, Bro!

Last edited:
What VV76 said. Hit it out of the park. Liking the post is not enough.

What VV76 said. Hit it out of the park. Liking the post is not enough.
Thank you! It was fun to revisit some of this stuff, and I am glad it helped.:)

Back