• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Addiction

BandEStensaas

Well Ladies,

Hubby and potiential had a first date solo and it went rather well right up to the end. She disclosed that she has had a problem in the past with narcotics. She flet that it was something we needed to know. My husband has never taken more than an aspirin. I have taken some narcotics in my life after surgery. He says he is starting to really like her bit he wonders If we would always have to be cautious with medications around her or what the case may be. I know that ono one may have an answer. We are struggling as to do we keep trying to build with her or say ya know this isn't going to work because you have had a problem with pain pills in the past.

Everybody has problems. No one is perfect. There are two very important things to note here. Firstly, she told your husband, yay! It's good not only that she was honest but that she felt able to be honest with him. Secondly, she's not currently doing it. She had a problem IN THE PAST and has moved on from it. As to whether you'll have to be careful with any medications around her, well I doubt it, but ask her! Talk to her about it. She wouldn't have mentioned it if she didn't want to discuss it or didn't think it was important.
The beauty of polygany is that women who have had or who have problems are able to find a decent husband like your own to take them in and help them out. They're not stuck with the scum that will drag them under because all the decent guys are taken. It's a wonderful way that God provides for women. This means that if God is leading you to a sisterwife He's probably going to lead you to a woman who has problems. This is what you should expect.

Thank you so very much. We all had a conversation early this morning and we still want to pursue this because she is very much a sweetheart and she said she doesn't want anything hidden or to come out later and have us be concerned. We do appreciate her honesty.For us it goes a long way in proving that she is taking this seriously. This is new to all of us but we are finding ways to deal with this and adjust.

Back