• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Adoption Month, James 1:27 etc.

SerenaJoy82

Female
This month is national adoption month has really been very difficult to endure. When I was a teenager, I became pregnant as a result of rape. I refused my families demands to abort my child and was forced to give her up for adoption. ( We had a brief reunion and my daughter passed 5 years ago due to renal failure. ) The mainstream American church is obsessed with adoption and seems to have little to no interest in preserving the God-ordained natural family. I am not against caring for the truly fatherless and those who are biblically defined as orphans, through fostering or guardianship. I am against modern adoption practices, which are rooted in pagan Roman and modern eugenic thinking.
James 1;27 states that we are to visit the widow and orphans in their distress. It does not say take the widows child and raise it as your own. I empathize with women who suffer from infertility, but would it not be more biblical for a man to marry a pregnant woman, offering her and the child covering, along with the infertile wife given the chance to help mother the child? I will expound more on this issue if I get responses, but this is a good stopping point for now.

Amen, we've had the same thoughts. Helping the fatherless by helping the never married or widowed moms seems to us to be the best way to go about being a father to the fatherless and a husband to the widow that we can think of. We've been setting aside cash thinking someday we may have the opportunity to help out such souls in this way. My hubby married me when I was pregnant and never married. I know he'd do it again in a heartbeat. We explored the foster to adoption route, and it was so gross to hear that the children were placed with strangers who were as likely to abuse them, if not more so, as their biological parents. The kids are so traumatized, you have to agree to take them to therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists for the rest of their life, and give them drugs that cause them to see things that aren't there, etc... Adoption is only right when the parents voluntarily give up parental rights or the parents are not living. Family members, church members, friends, neighbors, the local community, charities, these should be the first to be offered guardianship or parental rights. If those avenues are exhausted, children should be placed in homes with a married couple right away. It really needs to be deregulated, since 80% of kids are abused in foster care with so much red tape it takes at least 2 years for a family to be approved to adopt. Our Creator doesn't check our qualifications before allowing us to have children. Why should the government? The only requirements the Creator has is one parent is a male, one is female, and they're married in an equal yoke, in Yah (according to the Law of marriage).

I should clarify, he met me when I was pregnant, we married when my son was 8 weeks old. My son's biological father signed over parental rights, and my hubby adopted him after we married. The bio father was soon to be engaged to another girl, but I didn't know until after the fact. He said he wasn't ready to be a father, and he didn't want his girlfriend of several years living with his parents back in the States to know about me. If the situation occurred in a polywife friendly society, I think think he would have made a more responsible, and less regrettable decision for himself, but all things work out for the good. My hubby is a kind husband and wonderful father.

This month is national adoption month has really been very difficult to endure. When I was a teenager, I became pregnant as a result of rape. I refused my families demands to abort my child and was forced to give her up for adoption. ( We had a brief reunion and my daughter passed 5 years ago due to renal failure. ) The mainstream American church is obsessed with adoption and seems to have little to no interest in preserving the God-ordained natural family. I am not against caring for the truly fatherless and those who are biblically defined as orphans, through fostering or guardianship. I am against modern adoption practices, which are rooted in pagan Roman and modern eugenic thinking.
James 1;27 states that we are to visit the widow and orphans in their distress. It does not say take the widows child and raise it as your own. I empathize with women who suffer from infertility, but would it not be more biblical for a man to marry a pregnant woman, offering her and the child covering, along with the infertile wife given the chance to help mother the child? I will expound more on this issue if I get responses, but this is a good stopping point for now.
Serena, first let me say how sorry I am that you weren't given many choices, but I am happy you did get to meet her. As I said before, I was a foster parent for a while and my daughter is adopted as a result of that. There are many valid reasons that foster parenting is necessary, though there are a lot of problems to be sure. CPS gave my daughter's birth family almost 3 years to get their acts together, but none of them were fit to care for her due to drugs, incarceration, sexual abuse, etc. She was a crack baby, and there aren't many prospects as far as adoption for special needs kids. Enough of my story...
Yes, it would be AWESOME if godly men would step up and cover women and children. We would have a better world if that were the case...

I also volunteered for a bit at a crisis pregnancy center. It broke my heart when parents didn't give their daughters much of a choice as far as giving up their babies. I Remember one in particular. This absolutely beautiful young girl probably about 16 or so came in with her mom. She had sneaked around and dated a black guy and gotten pregnant by him. It was very apparent the mom was extremely bigoted and for that reason her and the girl's dad would not support her keeping the baby. When the sweet manager of the center suggested a local adoption agengy, the mom just rolled her eyes and said sarcastically, "Well I don't who in the world would want to adopt a mixed baby". That's when I jumped in. It was all I could do to smile and remain sweet, just let me say! I informed her that I personally knew if a great Christian couple who were SPECIFICALLY looking to adopt a bi-racial child as she was white and he was black. The mother's jaw dropped open and her eyes got big with unbelief. S...m...h...

Back