• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Adultery Question!

It's far simpler than that, A3 - and more direct. God does not give directions for DOING that which He prohibits. More importantly, He does not then go and commit that which He calls sin. (See Jeremiah chapter 3, and Ezekiel chapter 23, for example.)

We're putting a lot of these things together into multiple FAQs and in the intro pages (some of which still remain to be put up, unfortunately :) ) -- but you'll also find a lot of them in the archives as well. Ultimately, I like to point out to people that He is consistent (as opposed to what James calls "double-minded") -- ALWAYS and throughout every "yod and tiddle" in His Word!

Blessings,

Mark

Angel the verses you gave are a big help and I will be doing more reading. The more i read the bible the better my knowledge of how polygamy is not a sin and our beliefs are acceptable by God. Keep the verses coming guys, love reading the ones I don't know.

I've posted another article on the FAQ page that will hopefully address quite of few of such Scriptures, and will try to add a few more shortly as well:

A Brief Biblical Understanding of Polygyny

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1015

And this one addresses the opposite problem -- disingenuous teaching:

A Rebuttal to the WORST Arguments Against Polygyny

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1016&p=9839#p9839

Paul not the apostle said:
Great responses.

I have changed the way that I deal with these situations now differently than I did years ago when I first started speaking up about this issue. I know all the verses, the arguments, and still never changed anyone's mind that was not already open to hearing truth. I now ask them to to explain why polygamy is adultery.

Since I am not a practicing supporter of polygyny, I don't often have to defend my belief in it. When I have had occasion to do so in the past, I have endeavored to do so with vigor. The sad reality is all of the argumentation has amounted to wasted effort for the most part. Those seeking a defense of "poly" from me haven't really been seeking edification. They've been seeking an argument, and if they've been seeking anything more than that, what they've been seeking is a springboard for ridicule and scorn.

I no longer play that game. As with Paul Not the Apostle, I simply ask them to proffer a lucid, reasoned, bible-based argument for monogamy being the only form of marriage acceptable to God.

T-C

I no longer play that game.

Good point(s).

I concur that many folks who merely want to "argue" aren't about to be convinced by something that they apparently hold in as little regard as mere Scripture. After all, whether most will admit it or not -- especially to themselves -- it's an Idol that they are worshiping in Monogamania.

Many of us - having had dozens or even hundreds of such conversations - learn to discern the difference in attitude fairly rapidly. (One side note: I often find individuals, like myself, who have been so "turned off" by the hypocrisy they find in many of what I sometimes call "Caesar's Churches of Abounding Grace" that they find the truth about marriage to be a real revelation. It's Jeremiah 16:19.)

For the Hard-core Idolators, depending very much on the level of unteachability involved, I tend to ask a question or two as well, generally leading in one particular direction:

Does what God has to say about the issue really matter at all to you?

While there's a lot of "rocky ground" out there, occasionally a seed will take root, and people will be inclined to "search out the Truth" for themselves from Scripture.

That, of course, is at least part of the reason for this website. Most people who take it upon themselves to come here actually want to know His answers, as opposed to reinforcing their own vain "tradition".

We are the EVIDENCE that " two women can not get along " is a lie from the devil. This is very disconcerting to other Christians who, especially women, know they have fallen short in their own marriage even if it is a monogamous one.

They say they are under grace but defend their works by the law, saying "did not Moses............ hardness of your heart" thus placing themslves under the law rather than the grace they claim to have.

The fact is they neither obey the commandments or have grace.

God has made it plain to me that the purpose of my "polygamous ways" are not for my benefit but rather His glory.

I am a living witness to the BIG LIE about marriage, adultery and divorce in general.

He has instructed me to share this truth with the world.

He has also told me no one will listen however, expect persecution, DA.

Through this they have become witnesses against themselves.

BE STILL AND KNOW THAT GOD IS GOD AND YOU A'INT GOD HAVE MERCY ON OUR WICKED SOULS

Back