• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Am I nuts!

firstofmany

So I started watching sister wives and of course the conversations have sparked between me and other christian friends....and my husband. The more we talked and the more I read the bible it became clear to me. I went from thinking "to each their own" to "well, I guess it might be nice to have a friend and helper around the house" to finally "Um, DH, you want another wife? No, I'm not kidding."

I have some old friends that have become polygamists though they live far away and we haven't talked in years and I only know they are through the grapevine but other than that I'm totally alone in my thinking. The idea of telling friends and family is a frightening one but I guess we can endure or move and start over as my friends I mentioned did.

We went to the park today to let the kids play and every women without a ring was a potential 2nd wife for my husband. I even started a conversation with one of them and was eying my husband and he gave me a "no way" haha. Later we talked about it and I was apologetic for being "on the prowl." I know we are not really ready. I mean this is so new. I just can't seem to help myself!! I feel like I did when looking for my husband when every single man was a potential date.

Am I crazy? Do other 1st wives do this?

Well, I certainly don't think you're nuts, but most people out there (especially christian women) are going to think you are.

I can relate to your enthusiasm. I still, after eleven years of "poly thinking," very much like the idea of sharing my life, and family, with a SW or co-wife.

The biggest problem I have found is that the gals that are interested in a married man (in the regular world, not the Biblical Families world) have a general lack of morals or commitment, and the single gals with the morals, think we would be poly folk don't have any! :lol: :roll:

I do think however, that a lot of people have been coming around to realizing that the media steriotypes are not an acurate picture of the lifestyle. We can hope the light goes on for more folk.

Hope you enjoy being here among other "nuts." Maybe I'll actually remember the ladies chat this week, and perhaps you will drop in to visit?

Jolene

I am looking forward to it. I learned about the chat room on Wednesday and this week is DRAGGING. Really looking forward to drilling the ladies with a million questions.

I have some old friends that have become polygamists though they live far away and we haven't talked in years and I only know they are through the grapevine
is it possible that you refer to a couple of rascals by the name of steve and ali/alice? your location would give rise to the possibility.

or maybe m______ and d______?

Jolene - totally agree. Nothing further to say except talking with family the first time about this (my Dad) was like psyching up to lick an electric fence.

I hope since you have posted this that you have made lots of headway, and are truly happy in life. Coming from a mans point of view no you are not NUTS I have seen it with many friends, as to the reply of non biblical second wives this is the same situation I have run into. My wife and I courted a woman for some time and I just could not get over her lack of morals, and trust was being lost more and more everyday however we had already started a relation ship and my wife fell in love with her as a sister wife however, the other girl was just trying to win, I tried to end it but my wife did not want me to even though the girl was trying to bring my wife down and was very sly about it. But one day I fought her with another man and was able to end it. My wife still missed her but is mow afraid to put herself out there the way she did again. My wife has never been the same and I c something missing in her something that I can not replace, we talk about polygamy and it is in her heart however she has fears of her mother since the topic has come up several times and her mom told her she would disown her, and my wife really loves her mom. Her mom does love my wife but it is in a twisted one sided way. This woman has been married 8 times and some she married before her children even met the new stepdad. So please follow your heart, you already know what is right for you and always pray about it. God must come first, and plural marriage can be difficult especially in the beginning. Best of wishes and I hope it all works out for you and your family.

If you're nuts you've got some company lol! I think about it a lot. DH even said a girl asked if he was single at work one day and my mind went straight to "hmmm, sister wife?!" Where we live I have never ever heard of any poly families, so I'd almost be afraid to even try to court some one because once they found out he's married they'd probably think we were looney.

I do not think you nuts... I did think I was nuts at first when I considered this lifestyle. I too was watching the Sister Wives show when I started thinking about it. I knew before I married my husband that he supported plural marriage and told me lots of times that it was biblical to live that way. I agreed without believing him. When we married I told him that I would not like it if he walked into our front door and introduced another woman as his new wife. He promised me that he couldn't do that and if he were to marry another it would have to be my idea even from the beginning and we never really talked about it again. Then I started watching the show really out of disbelief that anyone man could handle such a challenge. But then I would watch it with my husband and I began asking him questions and I liked his answers and made it seem so simple (even though it is not). Then I had a dream that he married another woman. The dream was very enjoyable and I actually started to like the idea of sharing his goodness with another woman. Then after praying about it and thinking about how it would work I then talked to my husband about it to see if he would take on the challenge and after discussing it for several weeks we both decided that we would do this. I thought I was nuts too absolutely out of my mind to even talk about doing this. Even though he has not married another yet, but as we have become in such like minded about it I just think to myself why wouldn't any other woman want another help mate with raising the children. It feels natural it feels normal to me. It will grow on you.

i think you are an interesting and amazing lady!

i like that show too.

No, you're not nuts - but i may be; however, for other reasons! (GRIN)

if you lived near me i'd be your friend - i am friends with a poly family online.

Lately I'm really feeling like another wife would be fantastic. Struggling with PPD, having an extra hand with the kids would be lovely.

Back