• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Amazing

porkchop

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share that on Thursday we'll be celebrating our 31st anniversary together (not counting the 2 years we dated). The funniest thing is that people are constantly telling us that we're the most 'odd-matched' couple they've ever met and it makes us laugh.

We hardly ever agree on politics, most religious topics, and all sorts of stuff, but here we are just making it work every day. We've learned how to work together as a team and to always put each other's interests before our own, to be feather dusters instead of jackhammers, to be respectful and kind and if not that, at least to be civil and courteous while working through issues (since we have an endless supply of issues to work on).

My husband tells and shows me every day how much he loves me and I do the same for him; May not work for everyone but it sure has worked for us.

The best thing that's happened to us lately is that our kids have both told us they wanted to be good parents to their kids as we are to them. That makes an ole mama and papa very happy.

Certainly not perfect, Just sitting here smiling and counting my blessings.

Hi Donnag. Congratulations, 31 years is a very impressive achievement. I stand in your shadow. ylop the pup

Congrats, Donna G!

A hearty amen to the beauty of opposites, with the goal of becoming completely different when it's all said and done, and that's more like Yeshua.

It is the same for us. I was "Code Pink," if you will, and born and raised in Seattle. Steve was the Minnesota farm boy/boy scout. Now we are very different people than we were, and most days, at least, I give God glory for what we have become..... ;)

One thing I will say, and that is there's never a dull moment, nor have I ever laughed so hard as I have in the years I have been married to Turner.

I especially was touched by your comment re: your kids. Now THAT'S cause for celebration. Praise God for all He has done in your lives, and again, congrats!

Congratulations Donna! What a wonderful post, thank you for sharing about your life with us. It really is about our attitudes and how we deal with each other in love and grace, isn't it. Wishing you a great 32nd year!

So last weekend my husband said 'please dont make any plans for next weekend, I want to spend the whole weekend together for our anniversary- I have a surprise planned'. All week long I've been trying to get him to spill the beans but he wouldn't. So today he sent me a pic of a new black Lincoln Town Car sitting in our drive way and said 'pick me up at 11 and we'll hit the road' (rented not purchased, which would have caused me to have a heart attack). The only other hints I've gotten were to pack a nice dress and heals for dinner, and to remember to turn the lights off when I leave the house (because I always leave them on because I don't like leaving the house dark).....NOW WHERE IS HE TAKING ME??!!!!

I guess I'll let you know on Sunday when we get back home (I'm only leaving one light on (for the animals!).

I've discovered that inside the trunk of the town car there's a little ledge that holds 6 pairs of shoes perfectly...Wow! I'm excited about that.

donnag said:
So last weekend my husband said 'please dont make any plans for next weekend, I want to spend the whole weekend together for our anniversary- I have a surprise planned'. All week long I've been trying to get him to spill the beans but he wouldn't. So today he sent me a pic of a new black Lincoln Town Car sitting in our drive way and said 'pick me up at 11 and we'll hit the road' (rented not purchased, which would have caused me to have a heart attack). The only other hints I've gotten were to pack a nice dress and heals for dinner, and to remember to turn the lights off when I leave the house (because I always leave them on because I don't like leaving the house dark).....NOW WHERE IS HE TAKING ME??!!!!

I guess I'll let you know on Sunday when we get back home (I'm only leaving one light on (for the animals!).

How fun, exciting, and romantic. Can't wait to hear how your anniversary was. Happy Anniversary!

Michelle

It was wonderful. Nice, Nice hotel in my fav. section of Atlanta; superb dinner, wine and company. We had a great weekend. He did a splendid job.

Thanks, for sharing the good stuff!

Back