• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

An Enemy to the Patriarchal Polygyny Movement

Dr. K.R. Allen

Real Person
Incoming Men in the Movement who Are not Passionate for The Great Commission
Throughout the Bible those who have the true heart of God in them feel and sense a great passion for the lost. Yet Satan knows that if he can make the main focus within the polygyny movement about sex instead of the Savior he can derail the movement. Some already who identify themselves as believers in polygyny reveal that they are impostors, snakes, and hardened in their heart towards the Lord himself and the mission to rescue the lost. Thus, these men are likely to do more damage to the family then good because of their cold hearts. They will also damage the testimony of the overall movement because in their personal lives they display very little love for the lost. Thus others see them and the polygyny movement as a self-centered, uncaring, and passionless movement that does not have the heart of the Savior in them due to their lack of love for those who are lost.

Specific Biblical Texts
-Proverbs 11:30; The fruit of a righteous person is life for another (see Paul’s view of this in 2 Cor. 2:15)

-Lamentations 3:48-51; A truly Spirit-filled believer will be broken for the lost that surrounds him or her.

-Luke 19:41-42; Jesus was emotionally moved because the people in Jerusalem had rejected him. Who have you been emotionally moved for as of late? Call them by name if your heart is right before God, and if not then repent and seek to be truly filled with the Spirit of God.

-1 Corinthians 9:19-23; Paul was a master at learning how to blend in with Jewish or Gentile culture in order that he could win some.

-2 Timothy 2:10; Paul was a model for us in that he was willing to endure suffering in order to locate those whom God foreknows as his own.

These texts remind me of the Psalmist who said: “He who goes out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him” (Psalm 126:6).

Dr. John R. Rice, one of the great Evangelists of the past, has rightly said: “Soul winning is the main business of a Christian. The saving of sinners is the thing nearest to the heart of God” (The Soul Winners Fire, p. 21). Likewise, another great saint of our Christian heritage, Pastor C.H. Spurgeon, has said, “Soul winning is the chief business of the Christian minister; indeed, it should be the main pursuit of every true believer . . . .Every man here, every woman here, every child here, whose heart is right with God, may be a soul winner. There is no man placed by God’s providence where he cannot do some good. There is not a glowworm under a hedge but gives a needed light; and there is not a labouring man, a suffering woman, a servant-girl, a chimney-sweeper, or a crossing-sweeper, but has some opportunities for serving God; and what I have said of soul-winners, belongs not to the learned doctor of divinity, or to the eloquent preacher alone, but to you all who are in Christ Jesus. You can each of you, if grace enables you, be thus wise, and win the happiness of turning souls to Christ through the Holy Spirit” (The Soul Winner, p. 15, 232-233).

But there is a methodical means to it as Paul set forth. Spurgeon says of this: “Love is the true way of soul-winning, for when I spoke of storming the walls, and when I spoke of wrestling, those were but metaphors, but this is near the fact. We win by love. We win hearts for Jesus by love, by sympathy with their sorrow, by anxiety lest they should perish, by pleading with God for them with all our hearts that they should not be left to die unsaved, by pleading with them for God that, for their own sake, they would seek mercy and find grace. . . .It requires a soul full of the milk of human kindness; this is the sine qua non of success” (p. 238).

Any person who comes to the idea of polygyny but does not share the heart of those in the Bible who wrote about polygyny stand in opposition to the health and well being of the movement as well as to the well being of families on the whole. Everyone must ask this question of those who embrace the doctrine of biblical polygyny: why would God be eager and interested in adding another person to a family if those family members are not interested in adding to God's family? Why should God answer any man or woman's prayer to add to their family if he or she or both are not praying and seeking to rescue the lost to add those to God's bride?

Men and women who truly love God and who are serious about Jesus' words of "go and make disciples" (Matt. 28:19) realize that a life dedicated to building the kingdom of God is so much more than sexual satisfaction. But Satan loves to send impostors into any movement so that he can sidetrack it and one of his methods is by sending people into spiritual organisms that do not truly care about lost souls. This lack of love then undermines not only the movement but the family unit as a whole and thus gives the polygyny movement a bad testimony before the rest of the believers in Christ.

For the true believers of Christ, those who truly love the Lord and his word, it is essential that the goal of promoting the doctrine of a biblical union never outweighs the goal of making disciples. Men need to lead by example and to truly show they are Evangelical, gospel centered, these men must actively pray for the lost and do whatever they can in order to rescue the lost. Men and women who do not truly love the Great Commission are not loyal servants of Christ and they are no friends of the Evangelical polygyny movement. Furthermore, men who do not care for the lost members of God's family will very likely not care about the members of his own family. A man whose heart is cold towards the things of God is a man whose heart is also cold to the things of God related to the family as the family is an institution created by God. Men who do not love people who are lost are also men who are unable to love people into a proper order for a godly life.

Amen!!! God's priorities must be our priorities if we are to expect the blessing of God. Jesus said, "But seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33. Our pioneer forefathers knew that progress was only made when the horse is in front of the cart. May we allow God to order our priorities after His own.

Dr. K.R. Allen said:
Incoming Men in the Movement who Are not Passionate for The Great Commission

I've encountered several of these and it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion. :(

Thank you for addressing this issue!

Blessings,
Fairlight

Hummmm.......I have actually watched a train wreck re-play in slow motion too......eeeesssssshhhhhhh what a thought to contemplate...indeed it is like watching an inevitable disaster of giant proportions. :shock:

A man whose heart is cold towards the things of God is a man whose heart is also cold to the things of God related to the family as the family is an institution created by God.

This woman says "AMEN" Dr. Allen.

This seems like an appropriate place to tell this. About 30 minutes ago I received a phone call from one of the posters on BF, "With Fresh Eyes". She introduced her neighbor to me on the phone. I will call the neighbor, Sally, not her real name. Sally is a 21 yr old single Mom of a 16 month old boy. Sally recently relapsed and began using drugs again. Today CPS came and took her son. This of course broke her heart, she seemed genuinely repentant. I took the opportunity to lead her to the Lord Jesus. I believe she is genuine, but only the Lord knows for sure. In any event, the key to redeemed lives is Christ. If she is genuine, she will need a godly husband and her son a father. However, before there are any inquiries, she needs to become established in Christ, her greatest need. I will try to go see her tomorrow. She has agreed to come to church with us Sunday morning. Thank God for His grace and for the compassionate heart of our sister, With Fresh Eyes. Please pray for "Sally" and her son Hunter (real name).

Back