• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Another situation...

Paul not the apostle

Real Person
Churchgoing family with two girls 2 & 4. The marriage is not a patriarchal setup. The husband is a mule's rear end and the wife is nagging and cold. He "falls in love" with a coworker(who has been married 3 times already and is in process of divorce. She does not have any custody of any of her 3 kids.

The husband still goes to church on sunday to the same church(i know, it is messed up) and the church officers have asked him about it and he says that he is not sleeping with the other woman, but he will marry her when the divorce is final. They say that they cannot do anything at this point. I have talked with one of the pastors and there is no point in telling you what that was like. Anyway, she is the one who filed for legal separation in order to have some type of income from him for the girls. Sparing you all of the other details, is she allowed to divorce him and can she remarry. I already know what he is and what the other woman is, so if you can comment on the wife's status, then thanks a lot. By the way, i know this other woman and as soon as they get married, she will cheat on him like she has the other 3 marriages and then he will want to go back to his current wife. The problem is that he is already an adulterer with the other because she has been unfaithful in her marriages 3 times. Yes or no?

Paul

P.S. It is funny how all of these people seem to come to the poly freaks for the "God" law when the crap hits the fan. It is like they KNOW that the pligs are the only ones that have really studied what God said in His Word and what He expects from them.

Brother Paul,

Paul not the apostle said:
Anyway, she is the one who filed for legal separation in order to have some type of income from him for the girls. Sparing you all of the other details, is she allowed to divorce him and can she remarry. I already know what he is and what the other woman is, so if you can comment on the wife's status, then thanks a lot.
No, she is not permitted to remarry so long as her husband lives. She may remain separated if reconciliation is not an option, but she may not remarry without being in a perpetual adulterous remarriage. The wife remains bound to her living husband, regardless who "files for divorce".

By the way, i know this other woman and as soon as they get married, she will cheat on him like she has the other 3 marriages and then he will want to go back to his current wife. The problem is that he is already an adulterer with the other because she has been unfaithful in her marriages 3 times. Yes or no?
This new "wife" of his is actually another man's wife (unless her husband has died), so any relationship they have together will be adulterous on that point alone. If she had been an unmarried woman, the sin would have been whoring, not adultery. It's the woman's marital status that determines whether they are committing adultery. Her adultery began when she first slept with a man other than her actual husband, and each subsequent "marriage" and "divorce" changes nothing for her. Every man she is sleeping with is committing adultery as well, even if the state or the church insists they are "married" in their eyes. If and when she leaves him for yet another husband, he will simply cease committing adultery with her.

Always in His love,
David

I would nee more details on her 3 divorces and more details on his history. Too many relationships to sort through for me to make a judgment according to Scripture.

Churchgoing family with two girls 2 & 4. ... The husband still goes to church on sunday to the same church(i know, it is messed up) and the church officers have asked him about it and ... They say that they cannot do anything at this point. I have talked with one of the pastors and there is no point in telling you what that was like.
He "falls in love" with a coworker(who has been married 3 times already and is in process of divorce. ... Anyway, she is the one who filed for legal separation in order to have some type of income from him for the girls.
he says that he is not sleeping with the other woman, but he will marry her when the divorce is final.
Proverbs 2
1 My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding,
16 It will save you also from the adulteress,
from the wayward wife with her seductive words,
17 who has left the partner of her youth
and ignored the covenant she made before God.
18 For her house leads down to death
and her paths to the spirits of the dead.
19 None who go to her return
or attain the paths of life.

Sparing you all of the other details, is she allowed to divorce him and can she remarry. I already know what he is and what the other woman is, so if you can comment on the wife's status, then thanks a lot. By the way, i know this other woman and as soon as they get married, she will cheat on him like she has the other 3 marriages and then he will want to go back to his current wife.
The problem is that he is already an adulterer with the other because she has been unfaithful in her marriages 3 times. Yes or no?
A man's actions towards one wife have no barring on his marriage to another. His first wife is still his wife if he sleeps with or marries that woman. He is an adulterer because of the divorced woman's marriages (not because he has a wife already). She is not to divorce him. Two wrongs don't make anything right. However, if he divorces her she is free of him. She may go and remarry. The wrong is upon him, not her. Although, if she wants to wait for him to return to her, she can.

P.S. It is funny how all of these people seem to come to the poly freaks for the "God" law when the crap hits the fan. It is like they KNOW that the pligs are the only ones that have really studied what God said in His Word and what He expects from them.
God knows who He teaches what to... and who we can help.

Wait a minute... Plings :?:

Sorry, pligs is a slang version of polygamist. If you say polygamist really fast, then the polyg part turns to plig and I was in a hurry and did not want to type the whole word polygamist. It is used mainly in a derogatory sense, but was not how I intended it in that sentence. I will refrain from using it inthe future.

Paul

I have enjoyed reading your posts, thank you for your participation and insight.

In a private conversation, Paul, you said that the man IS "involved" with the other, married, woman, whether he says so or not.

Presuming that is known to be true, then would it not be appropriate scripturally to count him as having been taken out with her and stoned? Thus solving the problem for his "widow"? Yup, she still has Ceasar's hoops to jump through, but could be counted free to do so? I tend to think so.

You also said that she has tried to get him to enter into a reconciliation process with herself, but he's not having any.

Anyway, I'm not going to post as much on this situation as on the other, as I agree with Moshe, it's more muddy. Though if the husband adamantly refuses to turn around, and does cut her free, he'll have no cause to complain if she moves on -- taking their children with her. Sad.

Perhaps she'll join the Pligs. :lol: (Love your new word. Let's see ... would that make us Pligy Weeble Patriarchs?)

Back