• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Any Idahoans out there?

Mojo

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
My Mrs. and I are looking for a great place to raise our children, that is lower cost of living, with open spaces, but with at least some moderate civilization. We're looking at Boise area. Anybody have opinions?

The people, the political culture (the reddest of states), the climate (though it takes a bit to get used to the humidity) the cost of living, the cost of land, very green area (except in winter), the topographical diversity, decent hunting, great fishing, mushroom hunting, lots of naturally abundant medicinal and self reliant resources, good economy (after the oil bust of the 80's people became very fiscally conservative). A strong 2A presence, quite a few libertarians, low population density except in the two big cities (Tulsa & OKC), great homeschool climate, Wanamaker's gun show (in Tulsa), fairly patriot minded law enforcement generally, inexpensive fuel prices, lots of alternative energy options,
The bad would be the humidity, the tornadoes (though Ive only seen 3 in 17 yrs looking for them), hail, the allergies are bad for some people certain times of the year, a two party primary, some of the smaller towns can be clannish

Maybe I'll think of more later

I can attest to the greenery. I've travelled through the area on the way to SE Missouri. I remember the red clay soil. It is beautiful.

I'm much more libertarian minded, so I may not fit in with Trump cheerleaders (I feel he is too authoritarian, and more apt to use executive orders outside of the Constitution...my fears already realized). I would consider New Hampshire for its live free or die attitude, but wayyyyyyy too cold.

Not a hunter, but am a pretty good shot. With more opportunities...I could be convinced.

Looking for lower density, but not rural, so maybe Tulsa?

Going to start a Google search campaign.

Thanks.

We like Tulsa and points north and east. You might check out Owasso, Pryor, Claremore, Choteau or Locust Grove/Salina areas. Where we are at it is a mix of a rich dark clay, sandy loam to sandy. Not really any red dirt. You'd be suprised how many people here are not Trump fans. Pretty much live and let live folks here. Great gun laws etc and getting better every year due to a great Second Ammendment group (2A)

We like Tulsa and points north and east. You might check out Owasso, Pryor, Claremore, Choteau or Locust Grove/Salina areas. Where we are at it is a mix of a rich dark clay, sandy loam to sandy. Not really any red dirt. You'd be suprised how many people here are not Trump fans. Pretty much live and let live folks here. Great gun laws etc and getting better every year due to a great Second Ammendment group (2A)
Okay to personal message you? Got a few questions.

You can send messages VV. Just click Inbox or a little envelope icon top right (on mobile click your name then "conversations") and choose "start new conversation". Should work fine for you.

We are in the Boise area, recently moved up from San Diego. We love it here, it's definitely where we needed to be.

Back