• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Any other Retreats this Summer?

Greetings & Blessings,

Just checking in to see if there will possibly be any other retreats this summer? I wish you all well for the upcoming July retreat, as I'm sure it will be an awesome time of fellowship and newly shared/learned Godly insights. We were going to try to come out to the original July retreat that was scheduled for the following weekend. However, we have prior plans for the weekend of the 2nd -4th, that we cannot get out of. I know that these events take allot of hard work, time, planning, etc to make them happen. We all are very appreciative for all that goes into these retreats, so no complaints and no pressure. Just wondering about future retreats that may take place the rest of this summer. Thanks for all the hard work, compassion, encouragement, and help that eveyone offers to us all here at Biblical Families. :D

F.S.

I noticed this thread and just got thinking if enough people were interested my family would be interested in something say south of Toledo, OH, we are in NE Ohio about 3 hours from there. It looks like there are several campground possibilities south of Toledo or possibly some on Lake Erie east of Toledo. If others are interested I’d definitely be interested in helping do whatever, just make sure and send me a private message so I know. Just some thoughts.

Greetings D and Welltan,

Thanks for your kind responses regarding my original topic question. I was wondering if the staff of B.F.'s were planning on hosting any other official B.F. retreats this summer or possibly for Labor Day weekend somewhere. We don't get many opportunities to travel b/c of our current finances. Also at this stage of prayer & research of pm, we would prefer not to bring the children along to a retreat just yet. There are many heart/head issues that we have not quite come to terms with as of yet, on both of our parts. So for now, we were just hoping to meet other like minded believers to join in worship, study & prayer. It would be nice to fellowship and discuss pm from a biblical perspective, as well as hearing from families who are living it out, about their daily happenings, joys & struggles on the pm trail. However a possible retreat in Ohio would be very doable as well. Lets keep the lines of communication open regarding these matters, and see what happens. Thanks again for your helpful and kind responses.

F.S. :)

Oh Btw,

I would like to be able to respond to both D & Welltan's pm to me the other day. However for some reason, my private messaging on B.F.'s isn't allowing me to send any out? :? For some reason I can view my message with the preview button, but when I then hit the send button it doesn't go anywhere. I did clean out my folders b/c I thought it was a possible space issue. Anywho, guess I need to contact the staff for help. So I just wanted you to know that I did receive both of your pm's, but am not able to respond at this time. Hope to soon though. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. :) God's Blessings, guidance and protection upon you & yours.

Your messages are being sent - you are just seeing the confusion others have in how PMs work: unlike email, they stay in your Outbox UNTIL the recipient has read them, then they are moved to 'Sent'.

Hope that helps, Nathan

Oh, and at this point we aren't planning any other official BF retreats for this summer, however if anyone wants to organize a regional get-together, we'll help get it announced, and give some advise on planning.

Greetings Nathan,

Thanks for your helpful response regarding p.messaging. I do know about the outbox vs. the sent box, and for some reason my messages aren't showing up in either box. Again I thought it was a possible problem with my folders being too full, and emptied them for more space. However that isn't helping either. Thanks much for checking into this particular situation for me. I do appreciate your help with this matter, and all of your time, energy, hard work & compassion that goes into Biblical Families. I can't wait to hear all about the July retreat, as I'm sure it will be an Awesome time of fellowship and newly learned Godly insights. Lord willing, our family may be able to attend a retreat one day! :)

Yeshua's Provisions & Blessings!

Aw, come hang with us in NC, F.S. We need you MORE. :D

Re: Any other Retreats this Summer?- Hey Cecil!

Hey there Cecil,

Thanks for the kind How do ya do,and the warm welcome/invite out to the NC Retreat in July! :D Sure wish we could go, but dh still isn't quite up to it all. Besides our finances are still such that we aren't able to travel much at this season. We briefly considered coming out to the original scheduled retreat in July. However, we have tentative plans with friends the weekend of the 2nd - 4th that we cannot get out of! :(

The Lord is doing a wonderful work in both of mine and my dh's hearts at this time, with allot of work to still tackle. We thankfully have received much healing & restoration in our marriage over the past 2 & a half years now. We've been blessed with much joy and new found love, thank you Yashua! But as we're all "works in progress," I strongly feel Yashua telling us that this isn't the season to seek out a pm. Especially since my dh still isn't fully convicted of it being okay for marriages in general. Nor does he truly desire it for our family. He has discussed the possible blessings it could bring to families, but concludes that pm is not something he desires at this time. So as I strive to follow his lead in all things, I just do my best to be the helpmeet that Yashuas calling me to be for my dh. In the mean time, I continue to study and pray for Yashuas will to be done in our marriage and family and enjoy the family He's blessed us with. Lord willing, we may just make it out to a retreat one day. I'm sure it will be an awesome time of worship, fellowship and study! God be with thee, guide thee and protect and bless thee! Take care Cecil. :)

F.S.

Back