• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Anyone ever read a book called "Guardian Angel" by Skip Moen?

Mark C

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
I recently met a women on a reasonably-useful site called "Christian Cafe," that claimed to be "messianic," and we exchanged some emails. She is certainly NOT a 'candidate', but seems to have almost a cult-like devotion to the thesis of a book called Guardian Angel, by Skip Moen. (And spouts the usual "I believe Scripture," but ;Monogamy is the One True Preferred Plan, and don't bother me with Scripture to the contrary,' stuff we've all heard ad nauseum.)

The Amazon reviews are honestly not helpful; some rave how "wonderful" and "marriage-valuable" it is, others say don't bother. Not a single one of the MANY reviews I saw had enough information to make any decision about whether I'd think it's pagan trash or not.
(Although, I'm increasingly tending to lean in that direction. ;) )

Some books allow a preview, or read the table of contents, or whatever - nothing of the sort here to go on. And I'm not inclined to reward an author with a purchase royalty if it's crap. (Ebay wasn't much help, either, BTW.)

Anybody read it and have an opinion?

PS> If I WERE to find a copy and read it, it might be for purposes of critique, based on what I've seen...

“Every woman knows she was designed for a special role — a role that has been denied to her far too long. In this study of Scripture, Skip Moen re-examines the Genesis account from an Hebraic perspective. This foundation supports a radical revision of contemporary views about women. Women were designed by God to guide, direct and supply the boundary conditions for their men. They were designed by God to be the relationship managers of marriage. They are the ones who are intended to provide strength, shelter and correction. Without understanding these roles, marriages will flounder and gender issues will remain unresolved.

This book is for anyone who wants to know how to make a relationship work according to God’s way. It’s time for a change! You can start right now.”

Haven’t read it, but this description doesn’t look promising.

“Every woman knows she was designed for a special role — a role that has been denied to her far too long. In this study of Scripture, Skip Moen re-examines the Genesis account from an Hebraic perspective. This foundation supports a radical revision of contemporary views about women. Women were designed by God to guide, direct and supply the boundary conditions for their men. They were designed by God to be the relationship managers of marriage. They are the ones who are intended to provide strength, shelter and correction. Without understanding these roles, marriages will flounder and gender issues will remain unresolved.

This book is for anyone who wants to know how to make a relationship work according to God’s way. It’s time for a change! You can start right now.”

With what you've noted there @steve, I'm not even going to bother looking for anything more. 💩

So, if all that is the woman's role - what is left to be the man's role?
Utter nonsense.

But, still, where's @PeteR when you need 'im? I figured if no one else had heard about this guy, it'd still be right in his wheelhouse... ;)

Somehow biblical truth was hidden by about 2000 years. And correct explanation just happen to be in agreement with current political correctness. It's just a coincidence. 🤥

But, still, where's @PeteR when you need 'im? I figured if no one else had heard about this guy, it'd still be right in his wheelhouse... ;)
Based on the flap, sounds like garbage. Typical 'ezer kenigdo' nonsense used by feminist 'Hebraics' and reformed Jews to justify giving her authority over the man...

Back