• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Anyone here from Arkansas?

mamaleeisme

One thing that I would love is to have other families that are either polygynous or poly-friendly to socialize with, especially if they have children. Our kids do not know anyone else who lives this lifestyle and I know it must be hard on them to feel "different". So I ask, is anyone else in this group from Arkansas?

Lindsay

There are several, Lindsay, especially including those from the southern Missouri area (Springfield is my own home town, although Colorado now is quite a bit farther away) -- but I'll let them chime in for themselves...

Hi Lindsay,

I will be moving to Northwest Arkansas next year with my family of 2 wives and 10 kids! Maybe we can meet up at some point. Maybe even at the Branson, MO retreat they have planned.

I still have to talk to my husband, but I would love to go to the Branson retreat. It all depends on whether he can get the time off and whether we still live here in AR or if we get moved again. If we are still here beginning of next year, we would definitely love to meet up with you and your family! How old are your children?

We are in the St. Louis area, and may attend the Branson meeting. We presume the Branson meeting is child friendly?

Shawna and I are just south of Springfield, MO and would love to meet sometime. We have 5 kids and 1 on the way. We are currently looking for a wife that is a fit for our family, life, and mission.

Curtis

We are in Dallas, which is not too far from Arkansas. We get together with the Missouri contingent as often as possible. But it is 7 hours for me to drive to Welltan's place. Somehow it takes him less time to get to Dallas. Go figure.

SweetLissa

Greetings & Blessings!

Haven't had a chance to say Welcome yet, so Welcome good to have ya here! :D I live way up north in Michigan and as some have said,it seems like we're in some far away land! :lol: So no we're no where near you guys. But anywho, I'm just wondering if you have heard of the Duggar family? They live in Arkansa & they're a Christian family with 18 children and expecting their 19th child in March I believe. They have a show on the TLC channel on Tuesday evenings. They are a Sweet, Humble example of a Godly family in today's generation. Gee just think if they were able to have a spiritual awakening in the area of Biblical plural marriages! Michelle Duggar alone has birthed 18 children, just imagine how much more Godly seed could be produced through another sister wife in their family! :lol: Anyways - Welcome and God Bless!

Faithful Servant

lol...yes, I have heard of the Duggar family...by the way, thank you for the welcome! I love how they are a godly example in today's society...its amazing they are on t.v.! Anyway, I'm not sure where they live, but he is a state representative, so it must be somewhere around Little Rock. I am rambling! :D So, Hello! and hope to hear from ya soon!
Lindsay

sweetlissa said:
We are in Dallas, which is not too far from Arkansas. We get together as often as possible. But it is 7 hours for me to drive to Welltan's place. Somehow it takes him less time to get to Dallas. Go figure.

SweetLissa

When you look at a map try to pick the downhill roads. That and driving in a straight line and not stopping at garage sales should do the trick. Probably letting someone else drive would be good advice too. Ha....Ha On the flip side, I am sure that the people driving behind you are having a much safer trip because you are in front of them. Just kidding of course. I probably drive too fast.

we are in north east oklahoma so I guess it depends on were in arkansas you guys are if we are close or not. Let me know. I dont have a second wife yet but we are looking and we have 3 kids.
David

We too are in NE Oklahoma, Tulsa to be exact! We have two daughters but only one at home. Our oldest is 22 and lives in Florida. We too are seeking to add a sister wife to our family and are hoping the Lord will guide hubby to the perfect fit for us!

It only takes us 2 1/2 hours to get to Siloam Springs AK. :)

We are from around Eureka Springs ark. My husband and I only have one child right now but we are waiting so that my.... hopefully we will find one soon ... sister wife and I can experience the joys of motherhood at the same time, kinda like stiar steping the kids for more playmates. :D

Back