• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Are YOU a Romanizer ?

JudahYAHites

Male
And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city, And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans. - Act 16:20-21 KJV

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; - Jhn 17:20 KJV

The Apostles of the faith whose doctrine we all assumedly subscribe to were teaching customs that oppose the laws of Rome.

What laws of Rome are against the customs that were being taught by the Apostles ?

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? - 2Co 13:5 KJV

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. - Jde 1:3 KJV

When all is said and done are YOU a Romanizer ?

What customs are you referring to?

Wonderful point, @JudahYAHites - on a number of levels.

1) (and not where I think you were going) - "Roman Civil Law" is, IMHO (and that of the Founders) an ABOMINATION. It has a number of related names, in a 'legal sense' - from "law of the city," to "law of the sea" (maritime law), even "private law" as used in the post-Constitutional US. What is it NOT, however, is the "Law of the Land," the English (incorporated in America) Common Law ('Blackstone') - or anything that is compatible with what was once called "constitutional."

2) It is inherently pagan. Antithetical to the Word of YHVH, and all of His Instruction.

Textbooks have been written on the differences, on both points.

And - while we're at it: A particularly ignorant parallel word - but one that should raise eyebrows for that very reason! - is 'judaizing'.

Those who use the term as a perjorative against those who believe the Word of YHVH means what it says (INCLUDING POLYGYNY!!!!) demonstrate a level of ignorance of both history and Scripture:

Yahushua railed against those (including, "but not limited to," the Pharisees) who taught and even mandated that THEIR "law" was equal to, or superior to, the "Law of YHVH," by whatever moniker. (See many examples, but the entire chapters of Matthew 23, and Mark 7)

"By your 'traditions' [so-called 'law', nomos, chalacha, Church doctrine, encyclicals, etc] you have made the Commandments of YHVH of no effect."

To believe, and to thus teach, that we should RETURN (make tshuvah, aka 'repent') to the statutes, judgments, commandments, and Instruction of YHVH, as Written - including ALL that He Wrote about marriage - is not "judaizing" - it is an attempt to "study, to show yourself approved," and "rightly divide" the Word.

The Pharisees failed on that score. And so did the Romanizing Church. And they still do.

What customs are you referring to?
Institutional Monogamy, obviously. Among much other obvious paganism.

But just do a simple search on "Roman Civil Law" and then sit back for a LONG read. And compare to what we were supposed to have as a Constitutional Republic.

Back