• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Are you going my way?

Corey

Do we have vision for our family? Have we laid out clear direction? Let us be visionaries and give clear direction for our wives and children. Most families are like lost hikers in the woods. Wondering around aimlessly without a sense of direction and the only way of orientation is crossing a faintly familiar spot. "Have we come this way before"? "I think so". "I thought we have already dealt with this"." I thought we have already moved past that." Do not allow your family to get caught in the vicious cycle of life, instead turn it into a linear progression. The world is full of husbands who will not lead and wives who will not follow. Let us lead and give them something to follow. Many reading this article have been married and woke up one day and realized we are going in different directions. Some have chosen to try and get on track with each other. Some have decided to part ways. After all, if you are heading north and I'm heading south, how can we fly on the same plane? Eventually at one of the layovers we'll have to part ways or change the tickets. When we as Husbands and fathers do not lead, it causes our wives and children to find their own direction. Husbands, are you looking for another wife? Let them know, they aren't just marrying a man but a vision also. Ask them are you going my way? What a pickup line, hey, it works for hitchhikers. lol. Understand family is much bigger than ourselves and it doesn't find all its fullness in ourselves. Have a conversation with God, and get clear direction, vision, purpose, whatever you want to call it, for your family. Only then can we move from disfunctional to functional. All families need clear direction for maximum efficiency but especially poly families. In short let us be true patriarchs not just in title but in practice.

Well said. You touch on an issue that leaves most of us confused, lack of vision. Our vision can be more than just a dream and should be. Adjustable goals are very important. Prov 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
Thanks Corey for the reminder.

John

I definitely agree, Corey. A strong sense of vision as to where we are heading is vital to accomplishing our goals. As the husband, I must provide the overarching vision and lead my whole family in passion and obedience towards God. Each of us must ask ourselves: What do we truly desire to accomplish in our lives? What is God's will for my family? How can we help our children realize and fulfill their destiny? How can I encourage my family each day so that we all work together in those things which are vitally important? Without a strong passion for purpose, we are only existing and not truly living.

Just as it is vital for the husband to lead his family, it is equally vital for the family to follow his lead. This is why it is so important to communicate your goals and vision to a potential wife BEFORE joining her to your family, and to ensure thatshe is capable of following in proper Godly submission. I know that I wouldn't want to be united with anyone who was moving in a different direction, and as the leader, it is my job to make that determination beforehand. After all, can two ever walk together unless they are first agreed?

1 Cor. 1:10: "And I appeal to you, brothers, by the Name of our Master Yahushua Messiah, that you all agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be knit together in the same mind and in the same opinion."

In His love,
David

Back