• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

ARGH

Seth

If you teach bad doctrine in church. Then people listen, learn, regurgitate it. Then at some point they are confronted with the falsity of their views. They recoil in horror and discard the baby with the bathwater. Those who are too stupid to even understand how bad the doctrine is, stay and thus teach the bad doctrine on to the next generation and the idiocracy perpetuates itself.
http://sify.com/news/atheists-agnostics ... bfifa.html

Yeah, the results of that study are a point made in the documentary, "Lord, Save Us From Your Followers." If you have Netflix, it is on watch instantly. It also pointed out that often, liberals understand conservatives far more along with knowing more about their opponents' religion and how conservatives are kind of in their own little world and don't really understand the people or the world around them. Thus, they (conservatives) come across quite narrow-minded and ignorant (which they are - hence the regurgitating whatever is spoken from a pulpit without ever "studying to shew thyself approved").

yep, that is why it is called religion, instead of a relationship.

ole slewfoot has a right to be proud of his manipulations.

the scariest book in the entire bible:
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

and that was to people who "had religion"

@ Steve

Keep in mind the preceding verse as well...

Matthew 7:22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'

Notice "LORD, LORD", they are attempting to insinuate a very close personal relationship. All three things mentioned were things that they had DONE. This seems to be aimed at those that teach a doctrine of works. There are many religions that teach salvation at least partially based on works. True Christianity will teach that works are the result of faith, and that we are saved by grace through faith alone and not by works that any man should boast. Those who have attempted to "earn" their way into heaven by good works will likely be the ones to hear "depart from me, you workers of lawlessness." When the general public is asked, most believe there is a heaven and that they will go there because they are a good person and do good things...I got some bad news for them.

and if they have faith, they include good works, but do not have a relationship?

Faith itself is a gift from God. Faith doesn't include good works, it leads to them.

Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Back