• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Article on marriage/parental rights

Interesting read - thanks for sharing. I just read the first long article so let me know if I'm missing something major in all the things below.

We have friends who have had their last 3 children at home - unassisted homebirths - and they have no birth certificates or social security cards for them - for a lot of the reasons stated in the shared article. I guess I try not to get to "fearful" of such things since the government could always step in no matter how much you try to avoid it. And the way I see it, Joseph and Mary traveled to take part in a census so I don't think it's such a bad thing to follow the laws of the state regarding records and such although I can see how it could cause a family more problems if things get bad enough down the road.

If I could do it again, I would not get our marriage recognized by the state. I think I would still do birth cert. because I think it will cause a person more problems as an adult if he/she does not have those things...unless he/she can be totally self sufficient somehow and never need to drive or get a job. Are there loopholes around needing a SSN and birth certificate for those things???

Are there loopholes around needing a SSN and birth certificate for those things???

An entry in a family Bible showing birth is still lawfully sufficient in most states to serve the same purposes as a "birth certificate" (except for the transfer of ownership to the State, of course. ;) )

As for the commerce aspects (to buy or sell) - the intent, of course, is to close all the "loopholes" that enable free individuals to operate without a Mark from the State...
(I'm sorry that doesn't merit a 'smiley'. :evil: )

Blessings,
Mark

I think you would do well to read Romans chapter 13. A birth certificate and SSN are not against Gods law. Resisting can bring damnation to you...read verse 2 in chapter 13. Its Gods word....not mine.

While the strong Libertarian streak in me totally agrees that we should be very wary of the government, I am a bit concerned at some of the ideas brought up with this topic.

First is the idea of not having a birth certificate. My husband and I knew of a family who chose to not get their children birth certificates. Sadly the couple divorced. When it came time to arrange custody they found themselves having to prove that their children really were their children. Then they had to prove that they were born when they said they were. It turned into a very long, very difficult, and very expensive legal battle.

So, unless you are fully prepared, both legally and financially, to fight if you are confronted with something like that, it's probably better to just get the birth certificate.

My other concern is the idea of unassisted home births. I am 100% for home births. I gave birth to my last two children at home. It was a wonderful experience. However, I would never suggest someone have an unassisted birth. Things can go wrong, and it's just best to have someone there who knows what to look for and how to deal with it if that happens.

My first birth was to be a home birth, but because my blood pressure went so high, I had to be transferred to the hospital. I am glad that I had a midwife there who saw the signs. Something that could have turned out potentially fatal to both of us was able to be taken care of.

I think that the best thing I read in the article shared was the comment, "Learn the Law..." The best way to make an informed decision is to learn! Make it a priority to learn exactly what the law says, what is really legal, what exactly are your rights. Then you will be able to truly stand up for your rights and protect your family in the best way possible!

WomanSeekingGod

Do you believe this (quoted from the linked source):

For example, Biblical Law forbids the intermarriage of races, so, the statutes of this nation (which were based on Biblical law) prohibited marriage between persons of different races. If a white person wanted to marry a black or an Indian they were, by statute, required to get a license.

or do you believe this:
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
???????

I'm very curious to find out where the Bible forbids interracial marriage, or even where the word race appears. The NIV uses the word twice (in the non-running sense), the KJV translates the word first "themselves", then "my kinsmen" both references to the chosen people, the nation of Israel.

My apologies- I assumed the referenced article was supposed to be Christian. I did a little snooping around on the WW site and discovered their creed:

Our plight is to Free the planet of pollution, including psychic pollution, unite others who feel compelled to do the same, and invite them to learn unique ways of taking back control of our lives and God given rights, until we enter a world where we are living in the natural state of harmony, and the balance in Nature has been restored.

My apology notwithstanding, I would not link to TWW without a disclaimer.

NorthernWarrior said:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

Chapter 13 of Romans is dealing with the governments of the land. We should obey God over man but to resist government in taxes, birth certificates, drivers licenses,ssn's and such is wrong. Even under Nero, Paul was preaching to "honor the King". The only time to disobey government is if they tell you to stop serving and preaching Jesus Christ. It amazes me that guys on here want total submission from wives and children...but refuse submission to the God ordained government system. Again...read Chapter 13 of Romans............

kscouple said:
NorthernWarrior said:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

Chapter 13 of Romans is dealing with the governments of the land. We should obey God over man but to resist government in taxes, birth certificates, drivers licenses,ssn's and such is wrong. Even under Nero, Paul was preaching to "honor the King". The only time to disobey government is if they tell you to stop serving and preaching Jesus Christ. It amazes me that guys on here want total submission from wives and children...but refuse submission to the God ordained government system. Again...read Chapter 13 of Romans............

I take it you have issues with George Washington?

I am overly familiar with Romans 13 and I highly doubt many if any individuals have any issues with Romans 13, perhaps you need to read this.
http://www.newswithviews.com/Timothy/baldwin113.htm

Two things to keep in mind regarding Romans 13,

1. It was written with the destruction of Jerusalem in mind. The Roman army destroyed that city along with about a million jews in AD 70. This all happened because the jews were viewed as such trouble makers. God didn't want His people becoming part of the groups that thought they were to be involved in violent revolutions in the name of religion. To do so would put the gospel, in its infancy, in danger.

2. The 2nd thing to remember is that the passage states the purpose of govt: The punishment of evil doers. When the govt is punishing evil as defined by God, then it is to be obeyed. But just because the govt says do this and do that does not mean it is a sin to not do so. If the govt says you must do 75 jumping jacks upon waking every morning, not doing so is not a sin!

If every law on the books has to be obeyed or else GO TO HELL, then no one is going to heaven.

Back