• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

At the end of my rope ...

CecilW

Real Person
Male
I was pretty young when I first saw a poster much like this picture ...
KittyRope002a.jpg
which carried the message,
"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

Sounded profound. Even found some Bible promises that seemed to go along with it, such as "My God shall supply all your needs." Phil 4:19 Problem is, in my young mind, I added a suffix phrase, "... and wait to be rescued."

And here I am, at the end of my rope, doing the same thing at 50. Tying a knot and hanging on, waiting for God to "rescue" me.

Woke up this morning to a real playpen floor epiphany! As usual, the world had sent the wrong message. God said, "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint." Isa 40:31, but I didn't really grasp the meaning of that. Don't connect too well with eagles, having had very little experience of them. But kittens? So here is what it looks like this morning ...

"When you get to the end of your rope, pray for strength and scamper back up the blasted thing!" His rescue will be the boost, and the strength, but I got to do the scampering.

So, my prayer request this morning (and I'd appreciate anyone who chimes in at home), is for a boost and the promised strength as I get to scampering.

Father GOD,

Give your son strength and peace, a fresh touch of Your Spirit to strengthen and guide him on the path You have for him.
Make his way straight and give him the drive and boost he needs to carry on.
Most of all Father GOD give him joy as he proceeds along with You in his heart.

In Jesus Name!
Amen!

Thank you, Brother Chris.

Cecil, praying for that boost and strength. May the Lord send you everything you need right now. Love you guys!

We love you brother, hang on the knot - but know that God will hang on to you to. I know you know that.

Cecil see my pm from earlier.

You are in my prayers as are all those here at BF. I think your analogy is a good one, and I was reminded of another analogy that I have heard many times - God can't steer a parked car. If we go get a 6-pack and a bag of chips then plop down on the couch with the remote and say "OK God, I'm waiting for you" it is unlikely that God will do much of anything. If we are out and about He can help keep us between the lines so we don't bump into the curbs. Go get 'em Cecil! And don't forget to smile...it makes others wonder what you've been up to... :D

Scarecrow said:
Go get 'em Cecil! And don't forget to smile...it makes others wonder what you've been up to... :D

Ok, this is me trying to look mischievous. ... Might be better off looking serious. *sigh* :lol:

Got the needed boost. (PTL!) Now for the scampering.

Didja know that a boost can feel remarkably like a spanking and leave you with an equally sore butt? :lol:

Thanks for the prayers, friends. Keep 'em coming. They're working.

Back